01

A gloomy, rainy day is one of the shadows.

They aren't obvious since they are all one, but they have come to shield us from the burning bright light of the sun.
Furthermore, little droplets of water come from them. Not too great to see a shadow with water coming down on your face.

It is one where most stay inside, not wishing to let water touch them. But why not? The water is clean. It is natural. It comes from the sky. It helps things grow. It is an astoundingly commonplace phenomenon that no one truly wants to experience. Not even the writer, who is realizing the beauty in rainy days.

Perhaps it is the children that stomp in the puddles in raincoats that truly understand its beauty when the phenomenon is still fresh and new.

Are they for the rainbow at the end? I'd think not. Gloomy, rainy days are a phenomenon all on its own.
It doesn't need a rainbow to justify that.

Sylvia Black looked around making sure no one was looking before she took a deep breath, closing her eyes and running into the wall with her owl Vega in her carriage. The happiness she felt couldn't be described! She was so relieved that she finally could learn in a school and not hear her mother's or aunt's orders or screams every day.

The brunette never understood why her mother hated her and Sirius but loved Regulus so much. It was.. an awful feeling. Not that she cared anyway.

She looked around seeing parents saying goodbye to their eleven-year-old kids at the Hogwarts express. Seeing as it was 10:53 am she went inside the train and looked for an empty booth. She didn't want anyone's company at the moment. And to her luck, she finally found one but then again a group came in and she struggled to get out with a groan.

She kept walking until she spotted a booth where a boy reading a book sat. He looked so concentrated and calm. Sylv thought she could ask him if she could sit with him and he probably wouldn't bother her as he seemed so concentrated on his book.

She let out a small gasp as she put her trunk in her left arm feeling the pain again. She softly knocked on the door and opened it. The boy looked up from his book and gave her a kind smile.

"I-is it okay if I sit here? I promise I won't bother.." she bit her lip and he nodded fixing his glasses.
"Thanks"

She sat on the opposite and looked outside the window feeling the trains start to warm up and slowly drive off. She let out a tired sigh and rubbed her arm.

"I'm Remus. Remus Lupin." The boy suddenly spoke up. She looked at him in surprise before putting her hand out.

"Black. Sylvia Black."

He shook her hand as he looked at her a bit confused. "Black? As in Sirius' younger sister?" He asked and she nodded with a small yeah.

"Oh! He's my friend. Aren't you supposed to come with him? I was waiting for him and the others anyway.." Remus said kindly trying not to sound annoying. She chuckled before shaking her head.

"No. I live with my Aunt." She shrugged.

"Ah, that's why you sound more American." He chuckled softly and closed his book. He looked around awkwardly.

" so you're in Gryffindor I suppose?" She asked him with a raised eyebrow.

He looked back at the girl in front of him and nodded "yeah"

"okay"

Her lips curled in a smile as she looked outside the window. It looked so nice that she couldn't keep her eyes off it. She yawned feeling a bit tired since last night didn't go well. All she could remember is she forgot to take her potion and ran out of her aunt's house the moment before the full moon and ran into the forest. The morning she woke up she had a scar on her stomach that hurt later still.

"You look tired," Lupin said not bothering to look up from his book.

"I am"

"You can sleep. I will wake you up when we get there" he smiled and she looked surprised.

"Really? You would do that?" He nodded "oh Lupin! Thank you so much." She smiled warmly before wincing as she moved to lay comfortably in her seat.

This was going great for now.