Volume 0 Chapter 2

Y/n perspective:
After shaking off that weird feeling, I took a shower and changed into my work clothes.

As soon as I head downstairs and walk into the living room, I get tackled by a small figure.

???: "Big brother! What took you so long, the food is going to get cold!"

I look down and see my little sister scolding me.

Y/n: "Sorry Elicia, I was checking to make sure I got everything for work

Y/n: "Sorry Elicia, I was checking to make sure I got everything for work." I said somewhat lying to her. (I mean, I actually was.)

Elicia stares at me, making sure I wasn't lying.

Elicia: "Ok you're forgiven, I'm just really excited for your birthday." She smiles.

I watch as Elicia jumps happily following me to the living room to have breakfast.

Gracia: "Aw, if it isn't my little baby. Finally turning ten. Happy birthday sweetie." As she grabs and hugs me.

Y/n: " Thanks Mom." I said as I return the hug.

"Where's Dad?"

Gracia: "He went to the shop to make sure everything was ready for you. After all, you're going to be taking over the shop from now on."

I smile happily. I've never wanted to live an exciting life, it never caught my attention. I've always just wanted a quiet life, own a shop, fix people's items, and live a simple life. Now, I get the chance to experience that by taking over the shop.

Yes it isn't technically mine, but it's a good first step for when I open my own personal in the future.

Making armor and weapons has always been a passion of mine. I'm even developing a secret project that helps disabled huntsman return to the field, but it's still in the designing phase.

But I can't tell you anything else. After all, it'll be a spoiler.

Gracia: "Alright go eat your breakfast with your sister and meet up with your father. You don't want to leave a bad impression to your customers on your first day."

Y/n: "Oh man you're right. Come on Elicia, let's eat."

Elicia: "Yay, pancakes!" She runs and sits down and begins eating breakfast.

I look down and smack my lips as I see my breakfast.