65 | the one with an unexpected reunion

Start from the beginning

I decided to lightly curl my hair, having the waves cascade down my back. I'd also chosen to go with a smokey eye and red lipstick to match the dress.

I spin on my heel, looking for James, finding him in the corner with a group of guests that I don't know. He must sense my eyes on him because he turns his head, wetting his lips as he drags his gaze from my feet to my eyes.

A flutter of warmth spreads up my body and I tilt my glass back, finishing off my champagne as he dismisses himself from the guests and moves to approach me.

He looks good. So fucking good. In his crisp black suit, his black dress shirt, and his red tie that matches perfectly to my dress.

"You bored yet?" He asks in a teasing tone as he closes the distance between us, stopping just a few steps in front of me

"You bored yet?" He asks in a teasing tone as he closes the distance between us, stopping just a few steps in front of me. His hand twitches toward my hip, but he puts it down and I'm positive it's because he craves to touch me but is holding back since he's at work.

I shake my head. "There's lots to look at."

"Yeah?" He smirks, peering around us. "What in here is nice to look at?" He steps forward, so that he's able to whisper, "Do old, rich men get you off, Arielle?"

I pull my head back so I'm able to meet his eyes and I raise an eyebrow as I challenge, "And what if they did?"

"I'd have to rethink everything about me," he admits, glancing down at his suit. He then drags his eyes down my body and I watch his throat contract as he swallows slowly, fighting the urge to touch me. He suddenly looks over his shoulder and then grabs my hand, "C'mere," he mutters and then yanks me forward with such force that I stumble on my own feet.

He tries to keep his cool as he makes me follow him, fixing his tie and pulling me to his side, but I can tell in his hurried steps that he's desperate to get out of this particular room.

At first, he leads me to the family bathroom, trying the handle but he quickly finds out it's occupied. My heart rate picks up, adrenaline shooting through my veins as he surveys our surroundings.

I squeeze his hand in mine as an inaudible way to tell him that I need him to find somewhere private and I hear him curse lowly. "Fuck it," and then he's pulling me towards an Employees Only area, clearly marked by a large sign.

After a few corners that I don't care to memorize, we enter a room and James does a quick walk around to make sure it's completely empty. When he's satisfied, he comes back to me in a hurry.

James pushes me up to the wall with a grunt and I don't even have a chance to moan because his mouth is hot on mine. He grabs my waist in his large hands, pulling my body flush to his and I release a quiet gasp when he moves his mouth along my jawline and then down my throat.