78 | the one where they celebrate

🏁

The One Where They Celebrate

"Someone asked me what home was and all I could think of were the stars on the tip of your tongue, the flowers sprouting from your mouth, the roots entwined in the gaps between your fingers, the ocean echoing inside of your rib cage."
— E. C. 

A/N:

hello!!!! is this thing on??

the few of you left probably hate me by now 😭 i'm going through a massive creative funk (along with some other things). if you want to kindly harass me on twitter to update, maybe it'll help (key word: kindly) 😂 i can't tell y'all how many times zaynstaurus has kindly teased me to update and it's worked 🤪

please leave lots of comments! lmk you're still here!! 🥺

enjoy loves!

Z A Y N

This is our last night here in Canada and fuck, what a time it's been. This place is incredibly relaxing for me—despite the nightmares and the awareness of the fact that we're in a metaphorical love bubble here. I realize that our life back home isn't perfect, that Vivien and Langley still await us, but I'm trying to put those thoughts on the back burner. I've dug a grave for them and buried them six feet under.

Or at least, I want to believe I have.

Tonight, we're taking Arielle to a nightclub. She told me she wants to go dancing and to experience how different clubs are up here compared to home. I think she just wants to get drunk, but that's alright with me. I'll be there to protect her if there are any creeps, I'll be there to carefully guide her and keep her from falling during her drunken stumbles, and I'll be there to hold her hair back at the end of the night.

I'm currently seated on the edge of our bed, awaiting her as she gets dressed. I've already gotten ready. We showered together earlier—if you could really consider what we did getting clean—and it didn't take much for me to prepare. I decided to go all black tonight—jeans, button-up shirt, and combat boots.

I wasn't going to wear the dress shirt because I thought it was a bit fancy, but Arielle told me to wear it rather than a plain shirt. She hasn't seen the final product of my outfit, however, I have no idea what she's wearing either. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll have me wishing I could tie her to this bed frame one last time before we leave this country and have her singing the Ohhh in O Canada.