We Are Iron Man and Iron Girl

Rhodes was on the news talking to the press.

"Fortunately a member of Tony Stark's-"

It was about two days since Zenyatta and Tony fought Obadiah. Tony was sitting down as Pepper took off some of his bandages. Zenyatta's bandages were already off and she sat there watching Rhodes. Tony was reading the newspaper, and on the front page it read: WHO ARE IRON MAN AND IRON GIRL?

"Iron Man and Iron Girl. That's kinda catchy. It has a nice ring too it." Tony said.

"Yeah I like it too." Zenyatta replied.

"I mean it's not technically accurate. The suit are golden titanium alloyed," He winced as Pepper took off a bandaid on his nose. "But, it's kind of provocative. That imagery you know?"

A man walked up to Tony and handed him cards. After the fight Tony and Zenyatta learned he was an agent from this secret organization that helped Pepper. His name was Phil Coulson.

"Here's you alibi."

Tony took the cards. "Ok."

"You were on your yacht." Phil continued.

"Yeah."

"We have four papers to put you on avilon all night and sworn statements from 50 of your guests."

"See I was thinking that we should say that is was just Pepper, Zenyatta, and me. Alone on the island."

Pepper ripped a bandage off and Tony looked at her. She just smiled and Zenyatta chuckled.

"That's what happened."

"Alright."

Phil looked at Zenyatta

"You also have to go up there."

Zenyatta looked nervous. "Do I have to?"

"Afraid so."

Tony looked at her and smiled. "Don't worry. I'll be right there with you."

She smiled at her dad. "Thanks Dad."

Phil turned back to Tony. "Just read it word for word. Both of you." He pointed between the two of them.

"Got it." Zenyatta said.

Tony looked through the cards. His expression changed into confusion.

"There's nothing about Stane here."

"That's being handled. He's on vacation. Small aircraft have such a... poor safety record."

"But what about the whole cover story? I mean they're body guards?" Zenyatta asked confused. "That's kinda flimsy don't you think?"

"She has a point. Tony agreed.

Phil smiled at her. "This isn't my first rodeo Ms. Stark. Just stick to the official statement and this will all be behind you guys. You've got 90 seconds."

Phil walked away, but Pepper stopped him.

"Oh Agent Coulson. I just wanted to say thank you. For all of your help."

Phil smiled. "That's what we do. You'll be hearing from us."

"You mean fromthe Strategic Homeland-"

"Just call us S.H.I.E.L.D." He said smiling.

"Right."

Pepper nodded and Phil walked out.

"Alright. Let's get this show on the road." Pepper told Tony and Zenyatta.

"You know it's actually- it's not that bad. Even I don't think I'm Iron Man."

Pepper chuckled and put on Tony's jacket for him. Zenyatta got up as well and they walked to the press. Zenyatta took a deep breath. Tony noticed her nervousness and took her hand. Zenyatta turned to him and smiled. He smiled back at her and squeeze her hand comfortingly.

They arrived at the podium and the press were taking pictures and notes. Tony sighed and spoke.

"Been a while since I was up here in front of you guys so I'll stick to the cards this time."

The crowd laughed and Zenyatta leaned forward.

"Which is what he should always do." She commented sarcastically.

Once again the crowd laughed. Tony glared at her playfully and turned to the cards and read them aloud.

"There has been some speculation of our involvement of the events that occurred up on the roof top and freeway-"

Tony was untruth pets by a blond reporter that raised her hand and spoke.

"I'm sorry. Mr. And Ms. Stark. Do you honestly expect us to believe that that was a bodyguard in a suit. That conveniently appeared despite the fact that-"

Zenyatta cut her off this time. "I know that it's confusing. Especially for someone slow like you." Zenyatta snapped.

The crowed made an "Oohhh." some even chuckled like her dad and Rhodey smirk. The blonde glared at Zenyatta who just smiled. Tony decided to speak again.

"It is one thing to question the story and another thing entirely to make wild accusations or insinuate that we are superheros."

"I never said that were superheroes."

Tony froze at that. "You didn't?"

"No."

"Well good. Because that would be outlandish and um... fantastic." Tony sighed.

Zenyatta got confused but then recovered.

"We- we're just not the hero types clearly. With this uh... defects and uh..." Tony started rambling.

Zenyatta rolled her eyes. Rhodes came to the rescue thankfully and leaned in to whisper in her dad's ear.

"Just stick to the cards."

"Yeah. Right." Tony whispered back.

He lifted up the card and spoke again.

"Truth is..."

Both if them looked at the card and their eyes widened some what at what they had to say. Tony put the card down. They both looked at each other then back to the crowd and spoke in unison.

"We are Iron Man and Iron Girl."

Not a second later the whole crowd, with the exception of the blond, jumped to their feet yelling questions and taking photos. Zenyatta and Tony just stood there. They turned to each other and slowly smiled.