The Breakup

Brooklyn's POV
Five Years Ago

"Hey. Can we talk?" I ask Chase. He's my boyfriend, well, soon to be ex-boyfriend. We started dating freshman year of college. Being a cheerleader and quarterback as our ranking on the team grew, so did our social status. By tomorrow, the school is going to be buzzing about Harvard's golden couple broken up.

"Sure." Chase says. Telling his friends bye, he walks over to me.

"Can we go to my apartment?"

"Yeah, is it something important?"

"Kind of." We enter my room and sit down. "Chase, I love you with all my heart but we can't continue this. My grades are falling and I know yours are too. My priority has been this relationship and because of that I'm not able to keep my grades up. My mom's death last year made it even harder to handle everything. I truly do love you, but I can't do this. I have to focus on my future and you need to do so also."

"Brooklyn." He interrupts, holding my hand. "I know. We've been trying to put off our breakup because we both love each other, but it's affecting everything now. I'm struggling with school work and because of that, I'm not able to handle both football and school work. I guess we were always just meant to be the right person but at the wrong time. I know." He smiles sadly.

"I love you."

"Forever and always Brooklyn."

"Forever and always. Bye Chase."

"Bye Brooklyn." Those single words cause me to almost erupt in the tears I have been holding back. I watch him turn around and leave my dorm, knowing it's going to be the last time. I can't handle being here. I need a new start. Maybe it's time to finally move to New York and follow my mom's steps.

I sit in my bed, crying for hours. When I finally settle down, I notice it's two in the morning. I've been crying for six hours. I book a flight home for the morning and set everything up so I can move home.

I wake up in the morning and get ready for my flight back home. I've decided I'm transferring to Columbia so I can also follow my mom's footsteps and model. My mom was one of the most famous supermodels of all time and buzz has been going around for years about if I'm going to follow her steps. Looks like it's time to start. I can't afford to mope around for long.

I grab everything I need and set the rest to be shipped. With one last glance at my apartment, I leave. Goodbye Harvard, Hello Columbia. My dad was able to set up an immediate transfer for Columbia so I start the day after I land. I also decided to stay at a dorm with roommates at Columbia since I could use some friends here.

Going to the airport and getting onto the flight, I was still in shock over everything that happened. I know I need a fresh start, but I'm saying bye to Harvard, Chase, my friends, my cheer team, and my home for almost three years.

I board the flight to New York and take a seat. Now that I'm settled, let me tell you a bit about myself. My mom was a famous supermodel who died from cancer last year. My dad is a fortune 500 CEO and I also have two older brothers, Liam and Marcus. They are going to run Hunt Industries after my dad retires. I am really close to my family. I am a junior at Harvard, well I guess now at Columbia. I was born and raised in New York and am moving back there. I just broke up with my boyfriend Chase and I am moving back to New York to finish my business degree. Then, I can follow my mom's path in modeling.

Fast Forward To First Day At Columbia

"Hi, I'm your new roommate Brooklyn."

"OMG hiii! My name is Madison, one of your roommates. You're pretty. Wait, the paper said Brooklyn Hunt. Are you the Hunts like your mom was a supermodel and your dad is a CEO?"

"Ignore her. I'm sorry, she's always this crazy. Hi! My name is Grace. I'm your other roommate."

"Hi. And yea, I am that Brooklyn Hunt."

"Yay. Then you can join our little group. Grace and I also have models for moms and we are planning to model in the future. I am sorry about your mother though." I just smile and watch her rant. Grace joining me, eyeing her in amusement. I can already tell I'm going to have some amazing friends here.

"Okay Madison, we understand." Grace says, trying to stop her rant.

"Oh. Opps. I started ranting again. Sorry. I do that when I feel like nobody else is talking, or when I feel bored. Actually, I talk a lot in general."

"That's okay, I can use some friends right now."

"What's wrong?" Grace asked me worriedly.

"Well, I had a boyfriend, Chase who I just broke up with. Our relationship was harming all other aspects of our life so we decided it was time to break it off, but i've been with him for like three years and I love him. I don't know, I guess I'm just upset."

"Hey it's okay. That's what friends are for." I immediately feel like throwing up so I run into the bathroom.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Madison asks.

"I'm fine." Right then, my eyes widen. I've been throwing up a lot, and I've had weird cravings. "No, no, no. Shit. No."

"Words Brooklyn. Words. What's going on."

"I may be pregnant." I quietly whisper.

"Let's get you a pregnancy test. We can figure out. We're still here for you if you are."

We got the pregnancy test and I took it. I am sitting there staring at the test. Positive. I'm pregnant. Chase never wanted a kid, even in the future. I have to do this alone. Well, with my friends.

"Pregnant." A tear slips out.

"Ohh honey." I am embraced by hugs on both sides. "It'll be okay, we're here to help."