Chapter 3: Leveling Up The Personal Dimensional Space

[This chapter has not yet been edited. Please beware of grammars and errors. PS: The photo in this chapter doesn't belong to me. That is how I picture the current world that Zhang Tangyin is currently living in.]

Just like I thought it was going to be, the girls were the first ones to notice the change in me.

They were all very surprised that my skin tone gets lighter instead of darker. And with the harsh April sun outside right now, the contrast in the weather and my skin tone was enough to cause all the girls to have stars in their eyes.

No matter what age, girls are still scary when it comes to things like 'make-up' and beauty. Much to Old Man Ji's amusement and my exasperation.

So, I went into my PDS and took out one of the large cucumbers that had already started to turn slightly purple.

"It happened after the cucumbers turned like this. You girls can try to eat it and see if there's any change in your appearance but I don't know what could happen so eat it at your own risk. I won't be responsible for you if you suddenly start having snakes as hair, understand?" I said to the begging girls as I cut the now purple-skins cucumber into parts and gave it to them.

The cucumber used to have dark green skins with its size being even larger than my arms. However, now, the size was as large as my thigh and long enough to nearly be the same height as me. The taste was even crispier and sweeter.

Even though I chose the youngest cucumber that I can find, its size was still something that caused all the kids to have stars in their eyes.

Old Man Ji's excuse as to why my vegetation was so large was "Because Zhang Tangyin's PDS got leveled up." and so I used this excuse with no guilt whatsoever.

Instead of telling everyone that my DPS was the size of my bed, I told them that it is now the size of a classroom.

"A'Yin, what vegetable had you planted inside your PDS?" The Director asked with curiosity.

"Cucumber. I haven't planted the other seeds yet. I plan on planting some classic eggplants, bell peppers, corn, and mustard greens later today now that my PDS is larger and has enough space for more variety vegetables," I answered the Director.

He nodded in understanding with a large smile on his face. His face was full of proudness, relief, and happiness. I guess that he was worried about me since I hadn't awakened my PDS for the past two years.

Now that I have, he can stop worrying that I won't be able to support myself in the future.

Tomorrow is Monday, so tonight, I have to prepare for school. Nowadays, the school only lasts 4 hours for kids under the age of 16. The subjects that we all learned were Math, Reading and Writing, and Magic. The rest of the subjects that were usually taught can be independently learned by the student themselves. This is because magic made it easier for people to learn, memorized, and understand things easier. For Primary Grades subjects, this was even more so.

In my school that I went to with the kids, subjects such as languages(Chinese, Korean, Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, etc), Culture in a different region, science, health, handwriting, Physical Education, Arts, Music, Instrumental Music, Movement or Eurythmy, Handwork or handcraft, Life Lab or gardening, Dramatics, Dance, Leadership skills, Special Education Classes, Resources Program, Speech, Adaptive P.E., Occupational Therapy, and Social Understanding. All of these subjects are things that we have to learn but not at school.

The schools give out books and case studies of these subjects to the students to study by themselves inside their own PDS. Once every 2 months, there will be a test on those subjects, and that was it. Of course, the grades on those tests are even more important than the tests on Math, Reading and Writing, and Magic.