late night drives

it was 3 am and neither maddie or chase could fall asleep, much to maddies despise. not being able to fall asleep was one of her biggest pet peeves. groaning loudly, she chucked her phone making chase jump.

 "sorry!" she whispered. 

chase just chuckled and started to play with a strand of her hair. after about 30 more minutes he couldn't stand it anymore. 

"mads," chase said rubbing his face. "let's go on a drive."

 maddie was confused on why the hell he wanted to drive around at 3:30 in the morning, but at least she wouldn't be in the apartment any longer.

 "where are we gonna go?" he just smiled and pulled her out of bed dragging her to the front door. "okay okay okay! i'm going!" maddie laughed hysterically as she threw her slides on. 

chase picked up maddie outside of the car and spun her around, giving her kisses all over her face. 

"i love you maddie." he said getting into the drivers seat. 

"i love you more chasey." she replied climbing into the passenger seat. 

after driving around for about 15 minutes they found a small area that overlooked the busy side of charleston. 

"it's beautiful!" maddie said in awe, grabbing chases hand excitedly. 

chases heart almost burst threw his chest. he loved when maddie got excited over small things and her reaction would always be adorable. he smiled and squeezed her hand back. maddie unbuckled her seatbelt and jumped over chases arm to get to the backseat. 

"come back here there's more room." she said stretching her legs out.  

"wait mads plug your phone in and play some good songs." chase replied as he climbed into the seat next to her. 

line without a hook by ricky montgomery started echoing through the car as maddie and chase both song quietly, hand's interlocked. the end of  the song was nearing, and chase turned maddie's face so he could sing to her off key. she giggled and the duo moved closer and closer, till their lips were barley inches apart. chase turned up the music and leaned closer to maddie, but she was the one to close the gap. 

watching over me, he's singing

"she's a, she's a lady, and i am just a boy" he's singing,

 "she's a, she's a lady, and i am just a line without a hook"

oh baby, i am a wreck when i'm without you

i need you here to stay

broke all my bones that day i found you

crying at the lake

oh, was it something i said to make you feel like you're a burden?

oh, and if I could take it all back

i swear that i would pull you from the tide

as the song died down so did the kisses, as maddie and chase held each other, overlooking the lights of charleston.