S E V E N

P R O G R E S S

"You've been spending a lot of time at your bosses house," Blake said. "She giving you something I'm not?" She joked.

Yes, Kian thought. Something you can't actually...

"No," he chuckled. "Just been real busy lately. So, extra babysitting time."

"You getting paid extra?" She asked him.

"Mm hmm. She's just been super exhausted getting home so I told her to just pay me at the end of the week," he shrugged.

"Mm yeah. Owning your own company is hard," Blake sighed. "I walked past her building the other day and it is beautiful. It has this shiny glass and everything. I wanted to go up and thank her but they wouldn't let me," she shrugged.

She made Kian nervous for a second but luckily there was tight security.

"Damn, that sucks."

"Yeah. Maybe we can invite her over for dinner one night," Blake smiled.

"Here?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "Why not?"

"Because it looks like ass here. It's beat up and broken down," he sighed.

"Well..." Blake sighed. "I want to thank her. For everything!" This seemed to be putting her in distress.

"Well I mean, I can ask her if you could cook at her house."

"Really? She's nice like that?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Shes aware of our living situation."

"Wait so if thats the case then," Blake palmed her forehead. "Nevermind," she sighed. "Just let me know, okay?"

"Okay! Gotta go," he kissed her on the forehead. This time Kian was actually working. Babysitting.

*****

Jaqu yawned. "I'm sleepy."

"Wow. It's only five o'clock. You ready to go already?" Kian laughed.

"Yeah," Jackie sighed. "A little nap won't hurt nobody."

"Alright."

They stood up and walked to her bed. Jaqu laid down in it, paint free. He put the cover over her body and wished her a good rest.

"Hey," Jackson said the second he closed the door to Jaqu's room. "Can we talk?"

Kian was startled for a second. "Ugh yea."

"Look, I just wanted to apologize for the shit that went down in high school. I can't go back in time but...yeah."

"Okay," Kian nodded his head.

"Alls forgiven?" He asked.

Kian sighed. "Sure."

It was a shitty apology. One that he wasn't even really genuine. For some reason, he despised Kian. Least he doesn't know he's fucking his mom...

"Okay," Jackson smiled then went back into his room. Kian got a glance in his room and saw that a girl was in there. He shrugged it off, not really caring.

When he got down to the living room, he called Jackie.

"Hey," she answered.

"Hey so a couple things. You got time?" He asked.

"Sure." She was smiling but he couldn't tell.

"Jaqueline is asleep. Is that okay?" He didn't want to her to sleep now and then it affects her sleeping schedule later.

"Oh yeah, yeah. Usually she'll nap and then go right back to sleep after she eats. It's almost like she works a job," Jackie chuckled. "That's all?"

"No um...so my sister, she wants to have a dinner. But, I wanted to know if she could cook here?" He awkwardly asked. "I know its weird but I feel like-"

"No!" She stopped him, his heart dropped. "She can cook there!" She said excitedly. "I'm excited. Tell her it's a yes, tomorrow!" Kians heart went back into his chest.

"Okay!" He said excitedly as well. "I'll let her know. Tomorrow," he repeated.

"That's all baby?"

Baby, he thought. Maybe he was overthinking it but...

"Jackson apologized to me a minute ago," he whispered. "It was weird."

"Progress," she shrugged.

"Yeah I guess," he sighed. "See you later?"

"Yeah."

******

When Jackie got home, Jaqu and Kian were passed out on the couch. The television was playing Peppa Pig and it immediately made Jackie die of laughter.

"Kian," she tapped his shoulder. "Kian!" She yelled. He popped up.

"Oh, hey," he yawned.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. Jaqu and I was just watching Paw Patrol," he stretched. He looked at the television. "Or Peppa I guess," he laughed.

"I prefer Peppa anyways," Jaqu said.

"Oh shit," Jackie said. "I thought you were asleep." She went over to hug her little girl.

"I woke up when you decided to yell Kians name," she sighed. The diva she was. And yeah, she definitely be yelling Kians name...

"Well come on," she picked Jaqu up. "You ready to go back to sleep?"

Jaqu yawned. "Yeah," she said as she put her head on Jackies shoulder.

"Be right back," she smiled at Kian.

When she came back, she gave Kian a money filled envelope.

"You sure you wanna leave tonight? It's pretty late," she seductively whispered in his ear.

But, he couldn't fall under temptation.

"I have to. I gotta help Blake shop for the dinner remember?" He whispered back.

She put her hands on his shoulder, messaging them. "We can just send Rufus or someone." She started nibbling on his ear.

Kian wanted to breakway but it felt too good. "Why don't I just...why don't I just stay tomorrow?"

She lifted up. "Okay." She said excitedly. "That works. I can call in late to work or something. Then sneak back in," she grinned. "Okay, get going then."

"You were just begging me to stay, now you're kicking me out?" He joked.

"Mm hmm, bye," she joked back.

He laughed a little. He got his jacket and walked around to hug Jackie.

"Why is your mom hugging Kian Manchester?" The random girl asked.

"I don't know but, I'm going to find out," Jackson said.