𝟎𝟒 ➝ 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"So why'd he want to see you again?" Kiyoko asked.

"I have no idea, I don't even know why I agreed to meeting him," you buried your head into your pillow.

"Who knows, maybe he's changed! Or maybe he had a good reason for breaking it off."

"I highly doubt it, considering all the girls on his dick 24/7," You said.

"I still can't believe you ditched movie night for your ex who broke your heart," Kiyoko frowned.

"I would much rather hangout with my ex who broke me heart than watch a sappy romance movie with you," You chuckled.

"Rude!" She playfully hit you with a pillow after you said those words.

You walked in the door to the cafe and saw Oikawa at your guys's usual table

You walked in the door to the cafe and saw Oikawa at your guys's usual table. He smiled and waved at you.

God, that smile.

"Hey Y/n," Oikawa said. "How are you?"

"I'm okay, how about you?"

"Great," Oikawa replied.

"Hi! My name is Aika and I'll be taking your order for today! What would you like?" The waitress asked.

"I'll have a brown sugar milk tea, please," You told her politely.

"I'll have the same, thanks!" Oikawa replied.

"I'll be back with your orders in a few minutes," Aika said as she walked to the back of the cafe.

There was a moment of silence after the waitress left. "Okay, why did you invite me here?" You said, finally breaking the silence.

"I wanted to explain why I wanted to stop what was happening between us a few months ago," Oikawa stared deeply into your eyes. "And I wanted to say that I missed you, a lot."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm dating Tobio?" You rolled your eyes. "But go ahead, explain."

"My dad made me break up with you," He told me.

"What? Why?"

"You know how strict he is about volleyball. He thought you were a distraction to my career so he made me break up with you. I'm sorry for not fighting for our relationship," He apologized.

You sighed. "I understand, but this doesn't mean I'm gonna date you or anything. I've moved on."

Oikawa sighed. "I know that, but can you at least forgive me and we could be friends? Maybe?"

"I guess," You shrugged. You forgive people way too easily.

"I'm back with two orders of brown sugar milk tea, is that correct?" The waitress asked.

"Yes that's correct, thank you so much!" You replied, as we both took a sip from our cups. We always got this drink together when we came here.

a couple months before

"This drink is so good, Y/n! You have to try!" Oikawa exclaimed.

"Okay fine, only because I know I'll ruin your big ass ego if I don't try it!" You rolled my eyes. You took a sip from Tooru's drink. Your eyes widened. "Wow! You're actually right for once! This shit is amazing."

Oikawa smiled at you and laughed. "I know, I'm just the best."

present

"So," You asked. "How has volleyball been lately?"

"Great, actually. but seeing the first years everyday is really annoying," He joked.

"Hey! Don't talk about them like that," You laughed. "It really is a pain in the ass literally seeing Daichi every hour, though."

"Daichi scares me," Oikawa said.

"Really, Tooru? The 'Great King' scared of the captain of the wingless crows' volleyball team?" You chuckled, taking a sip of your drink.

"It's not that I'm scared of his volleyball skills, he's just super overprotective of you! Whenever I dropped you off at your house he would give me a death stare!"

"I promise, he's not even that scary." Ding! You looked down at your phone.

tkageyama9 has posted a new photo

tkageyama9: cheeseee😁🥕

You frowned. "What's wrong?" Oikawa asked, concerned.

You showed him your phone. "He said he had family plans earlier today, but he just posted this picture with Hinata."

Oikawa peered over your phone. "I think they might be dating," he snickered.

"Oh shut up! I know I might sound selfish but we haven't hung out in like forever and I just want to spend time with him! Like, the only time I see him is during practice. He's my boyfriend for fuck's sakes."

"No, you actually don't sound selfish at all. You sound like a normal girlfriend who wants time and attention. Y/n, you deserve so much better," He assured you. "Ah shit, I have to go, my mom wants me to be home. I'll text you later, alright?" He smiled and waved goodbye. You waved goodbye, finishing your drink before you headed home.

A couple minutes after you arrived home, someone was calling you. It was Tooru. You answered.

"Hey, did you get home safe?" He asked.

You smiled. "Yeah, I did! Thanks for checking up!"

"No problem. Sweet dreams, Y/n."

"Good night, Tooru."