unknowingly, she was already sending him a glare.

"i just asked out of pure curiosity, geez. no need to give me a whole ass speech about being a member of the student council. props to you, i guess," seola scoffed making sunghoon raise a brow at her, "at least i don't confess in a cringey manner to the school's vice president and not thinking about how awkward it will be if i get rejected and having to face him everyday in this very room where i confessed," he chuckled. "i'd cry if i was confessed with chocolates."

"bold of you to assume you'll be confessed to."

sunghoon shot a look at her, his eyes full of sparkling confidence, "i have lots of people that confess to me everyday. how about you, ahn seola?" he smirked.

"oh, so you reject people everyday? how cruel of you," she fakely smiled. he blinked his eyes, "heeseung hyung also rejects people everyday."

"that's a violation, you motherfucker-"

she fully halts her cursing when she hears two voices coming outside towards the student council room.

sunghoon had his eyes wide open, hand on his mouth, "hey, did you call me a motherfucker?" he repeated her cursing. from his reaction, he was clueless about the voices.

out of panic, she pulled his hand with ease as he got caught off guard and he was quickly dangled by her.

"hey!" any yells were ignored as she took him to an unused closet or storage area that was on the side and locked it behind the both of them after successfully pulling the both of them in quickly in the dark room, with the box of chocolates in the ground completely forgotten.

"why did-" she quickly placed a hand over his mouth to keep his mouth shut as she heard the door of the student council shut.

the surroundings were pitch black but she could definitely tell a pair of eyes were glaring at her ever so sharply.

she scooted closer to the door with sunghoon being forced to follow since she was dragging her along with a hand still on his mouth. she positioned her ear to the door and started hearing the voices of the president, kwon hana, and the vice president and her crush, lee heeseung.

sunghoon rolled his eyes at her for the nth time thinking that sticking her ear next to the door was unnecessary considering how thin the walls were in the student council room.

"babe, when are we going on a date?~" a high pitched voice echoed back to the room. it wasn't a female register, which meant.

"lee heeseung, no nicknames in school."

sunghoon's and seola's eyes widened and their heads turned around to each other, facing each of the other's equally shocked expressions.

seola's hand slipped out from his mouth and was replaced by sunghoon's own hand as he covered it after gasping dramatically, "they're dating?" he whispered to her quietly but she ignored his question. neither did she know.

they heard hana sigh, "fine. let's go on a date tomorrow, in that café you wanted to go to."

"where's the 'babe'?"

"no."

"ah, then i'm not going," the sudden sour tone of heeseung reached even through the closet.

there was a pause in the conversation. "let's go on a date tomorrow. babe."

she could hear sunghoon sneer, "couples. a menace to society," he mutters.

"of course you'll say that. you're single."

"why?" he said. "won't you be technically single as well since your crushie-lovey has a girlfriend?"

she doesn't speak. it was true. too good to be true. the person she was admiring for many months has a girlfriend. and his girlfriend was the president of the student council.

though, she was hit by the sudden reality check that the only witness to the most embarrassing moment of her life was here behind her. murder should be an option.. right?

her thoughts- definitely not homicidal cues- were interrupted when a phone started ringing. the tone was muffled, but it sure was loud.

sunghoon panicked patted his pockets to search for his phone, but he couldn't feel the phone vibrating that indicated there was a caller, "is it yours?" he whispered loudly.

"shit, shit, shit!" seola cursed repeatedly, forgetting to keep quiet, as she tried to fish for her phone quickly to turn it off.

"do you hear that?" sunghoon heard heeseung ask hana.

seola finally got her phone from her pocket and successfully turned it off.

"i think it's coming from the closet," without thinking twice sunghoon pulled seola to his body and covered her mouth this time.

the both of them were nervous. seola was held close to his chest, a hand over her hand. her own heart was beating fast with the suspense, but she could hear another heart running a marathon with how loud it was.

and she could definitely take a whiff of a floral scent on his hands.

they closed their eyes to brace themselves when they heard footsteps coming nearer and nearer to the door.

seola was debating if this still was a failed start to her romance or a start of a thriller show.

the main door of the student council room opened and a cheerful voice shouted loudly, "our dear, pres and vice pres! allow me to treat you two to a lovely cup of ice cream as i, kim sunoo, had returned with 5 coupons for free ice cream!"

thankfully, hana and heeseung forgot the weird ringing from the closet and heard their footsteps go further from the door of the closet.

"where's sunghoon and seola?" the two of them heard hana ask, and they tensed up right away.

"i tried contacting seola but she wasn't answering, haven't tried calling sunghoon though," sunghoon quickly took action and grabbed his phone with his free hand from his pocket to turn it off in case of it ringing,his other hand still covering seola's mouth.

"they're probably busy. i'll treat the two of them next time. so, let's go now while it isn't raining yet," heeseung replied and they heard the door shut after he said that and muffled voices most likely in the hallway.

the two of them were still frozen in place. the silence now gave them a reality check on their close proximity.

"ouch!" sunghoon yelled after he felt a strong blow on his hand.

"in case you didn't know, which you really don't know, my hand is very precious!"

seola quietly stood up and opened the closet door. the lively, fresh air greeted her skin. but her on the other hand, looked like she was on the verge of death.

she looked around the surroundings before slumping down to the ground. so, everything wasn't a dream.

sunghoon sighed and took the box of chocolates she left on the ground in the closet and stood up as well. he dusted off the microscopic dirt on the box, "oi. ahn seola, are you crying?" he lightly kicked her back to check if she was still alive.

she faced him with another blank expression, a typical cold stone face which he have seen many times before, and emotionlessly saying,

"i want ice cream too,"