Chapter 30

I woke up to Colby's phone ringing. It was Sam so I answered it since Colby didn't seem to be getting up anytime soon. "Hey Sam, Colby's asleep." I said sleepily "Heyy y/n, this was supposed to be a surprise but I don't have long so you're spending the last week in New York" "no way" I said quietly "I remember you always begging our parents to go there for Christmas" he said laughing "They always said no" I said with tears starting to prick my eyes. They were happy tears. "The hotel room only has one bed though, but the view is amazing" "That's okay, thank you for this Sam" "I wanted you to enjoy it" "You succeeded" I said smiling "Have fun, love you. Drive safe." "Love you Sammy." I crawled back in the bed next to Colby since it was only 7:37. Around 10 Colby woke me up by planting soft kisses all over my face. "Morning beautiful" he said with a sleepy smile. I smiled back getting lost in the blue ocean of his eyes. "new york" I said quietly "One bed, but a nice view. We only need one anyway though" "What are you talking about you goober?" he said laughing "Sam called to tell you we're staying in New York for the last week" I said getting up and hugging his torso. "He said the room only has one bed but the view is amazing" "We only need one, and New York is amazon. You'll love it but its 19 hours away." "If we leave in 2 hours we'll get there around 7 in the morning" "You wanna shower first?" he asked hugging me tighter "Yea, I'll be quick" I let go and walked to the bathroom and taking a shower.

I got out of the shower and Colby had everything packed in the car and ready to go. "Lemme get a shower real quick and we'll leave early" he said planting a quick kiss on my lips before heading in the bathroom. I sat on the bed and pulled out my phone. I had a text from Kat.

how's the trip going?

amazing, i really don't want it to end

how are you and colby?

we're great, i like him a lot

i don't need to fight a pitch?

no lmao thanks though ❤️

anytime ❤️❤️

I put my phone in my pocket laughing softly. "What's so funny?" Colby asked walking out of the bathroom "Kat, asking if she needs to fight you" "I would hope not" he said laughing through his nose. "Ready? I'll drive for a while" I said grabbing the keys. Colby closed the door behind us and I made my way to the car while he gave the room key back. While I was waiting for Colby to get back I was thinking about how fast I was falling for him. I had been in relationships before but with Colby it felt like we had been together for years. It was comfortable. It was like time stopped and we we're the only two people in the world. Maybe I had never really been in love before him, I've never felt this way about anyone. Do I love him already? I was interrupted by Colby getting in the car "New York here we come" I said smiling.

We had spent the first half of the drive yelling all the lyrics to One Direction and other old songs. Then we ran out of gas. "shit" I mumbled under my breath. "There was a gas station less than a mile back, I'll go get some gas and bring it back okay?" "Please be careful" I said a little worried. People drive crazy on the highway especially around this time. "I promise." He got out of the car and started walking. I locked the doors and waited, I stayed so no one stole the car. I started thinking about Colby again, I had been doing that a lot when he wasn't with me. Everything seemed to have something to do with him. I decided to call him just to make sure he was okay. It rang a few times before he answered "Hey, you okay? Do I need to come back?" he sounded worried "No I'm okay, just making sure you're okay" "It's been 5 minutes, I'll be there soon" "I know, I get worried sometimes. People drive crazy" "I'm okay" "Let me-" I was cut off by the call ending, no service. Great.

It was getting a little darker and Colby had been gone almost 30 minutes. I still didn't have any service. I saw someone walking towards the car in the rear view mirror so I got out to see if Colby needed help. "What took so long?" "Gas is kinda heavy when you have to carry it for that long. Thank God they sold gas jugs." We filled the car up and Colby got in the drivers seat "You want IHop?" "Absofreakinlutely, pancakes sound so good right now" I said excitedly "IHop it is" he said laughing. We drove until we saw an exit with an IHop and we took it. When we got there the parking lot was almost empty. We went in and ordered our food. I got nutella pancakes and chocolate milk, Colby got the same thing. "You've never had nutella?! You haven't lived" he just laughed and shook his head. "Maybe that was a little dramatic, but it's heavenly" I said laughing. We finished our food and I looked up at Colby "Soooooo?" "Soooooo what?" he asked confused "How'd you like it?" "Oh, it was alright" "More for me" I said shrugging. Colby paid for the food and we left. 9 hours left.