8: GAMBLE CAPITAL

Start from the beginning

“I’m begging you…” I am acting pretty well pero hindi talaga effective sa kanya. I know that, ako ang dahilan kung bakit nawalan siya ng cellphone pero isang kahihiyan ang pinapanood niya ngayon.

“— so that is my new dormitory now. Thank you for watching. And I hope you’re doing fine, Alex—”

I forcefully snatched my phone and glared at him. I turned it off at saka muling tumalikod sa kanya. I wanted to curse him inside my mind because that video was one of the embarrassing videos I ever made.

“Sabi ko nga matutulog na,” He whispered.

Nang isarado ko ang aking mga mata ay naramdaman ko ang pagod ko para sa buong araw. We are in the city of Kir pero kahit isang Bozo ay wala pa kaming nakikita. And even though we can’t see any Bozo around, we still need to cautious.

But the city that I wanted to cautious of is the city of Alpheus. And I know that the explosion back then has something to do with the apocalypse.

Naalimpungatan ako nang may maramdaman akong kakaiba sa may bintana. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a shadow, and it was crawling to the grills that Parker and Spencer attached.

I lightly pushed Parker to wake him up while watching the silhouette outside, and when I noticed Parker growling ay lumingon ako sa kanya. He was brushing his eyes while quizzically looking at me.

“What?” He softly asked.

“There is—” I wasn’t able to finish what I was saying when the silhouette was gone.

Nakita ko kung paano bumusangot sa akin si Parker. He suddenly pulled me in his direction and gently put my head to his broad shoulder, “What the hell?” I whispered.

“I’m going to babysit a stupid girl,” He whispered.

Ramdam ko ang pagpikit ng mga mata niya. Parker began to caress my hair. If he thought that this could make me sleep, he is wrong. I can his warm breathe, and it was tickling my neck.

I can’t sleep with that. And besides, I can hear a faint thud outside.

Nang dahan-dahan akong tumingin kay Parker ay halos murahin ko siya. Hindi ako nakatulog sa ginawa niya, siya lang!

I languidly got up to bed while glaring at Parker. Hindi ko na rin binuksan pa ang ilaw dahil delikado, and instead, I went to the closet to gear up. And I made sure that everything that I am wearing will cover my whole body.

And when I carefully slid the wall to get the katana, I made sure that everyone is sleeping tightly.

Dahan-dahan akong tumungo sa entrance kung saan halos mapamura ako sa gulat dahil sa babaeng tila nanonood ng sine habang nakaupo sa driver seat ng RV.

“You going?” Cara asked. Umiling-iling pa siya ngumisi, “Talk about stupidity,”

I looked at her from head to toe and noticed that she was also geared up. I was checking her out when she suddenly leaned on the wheel and pulled me down.

“Stupid Spencer said that you like naming those creatures, right?” Cara asked. She suddenly pointed towards the window, “I will name those things— Nighties —”

“That is the stupidest name I’ve ever heard my entire life,” I hissed.

She rolled her eyes. She’s really acting that their name is final, are those Bozos even look like lingeries?

“So, what’s the catch with them?” I asked.

“The tongue is the weakest part of their body, but the same it is also the strongest part. Pero once na maputol ‘yon, they will die,”

“Why name them Nighties instead of Lickitongue?”

“Obviously, they are wearing lingeries,” She said while pointing the Bozos. I squinted my eyes and noticed that they really are wearing one.

“They are hostess,” I stated.

Cara suddenly stood and removed two hunter’s knife from her pockets.

“Let’s go,”

“You’re not coming,”

“I will. Hindi mo rin naman alam ang kaya nila,”

“You’re still not coming,”

She suddenly rolled her eyes and gritted her teeth, “Guns won’t work on them because they are fast!” She hissed.

“And now, I know. Thank you,”

Her eyes suddenly turned dull. She looked at me from head to toe and grimaced.

“I don’t want to be saved by the woman I hate the most,”

#