Chapter 25

The two Day Class students stayed like that in a comfortable silence. Despite the chilly night air, Zero's warmth radiating from his body into her made her feel hot. 

Hana didn't dare to move an inch allowing Zero have all the time he needed to calm down. It was now fully dark, but the crescent moon reflecting off the pool illuminated the surrounding area. 

Feeling his now calm breath on the nape of her neck, Hana slowly pushes him off leaving her hands on his shoulders. His arms went limp on her waist as he looked down. "Zero, are you okay now?" she asks. 

Before he could reply to the girl, Zero suddenly looked up in shock then pushed both of them harshly into the pool. 

Hana eyes immediately shut feeling the rush of cold water ingulf her. She wasn't sure if she was imagining it, but the blonde was sure she heard a muffled gunshot from above the water. 

Strong arms pulled her head out of the water. The pool wasn't that deep, so Hana was able to stand up by herself. She started to cough out the water she breathed in from being pushed in.

"What-," she coughed some more, "-was that Zero?!"

Then she saw it from the corner of her eye. Next to the left side of her face was a gun. Fear. That was the emotion that ran across her body. Her eyes widen in fear as she heard the trigger being pulled watching a bright flash of light appear next to her aiming right towards Zero.

"Zero!"

For a second, Hana thought she had shouted the silver-head's name but it was Yuki. The female prefect must have managed to leave the birthday party to go looking for them.

"Little did I imagine that I would get rid of my dear pupil with this gun," a voice said behind her.

Hana's blood ran cold as she heard the familiar deep voice from above her head. She slowly tilted her head up to see the new ethics teacher, Yagari Toga. What was he doing here?!

His eyes met hers. He smirked a bit keeping the cigarette in his mouth. "And what are you doing here little lady with a vampire?" 

"Mas... ster..." Zero whispers in surprise.

Master?!

Hana only had a few seconds to analyze her situation. In front of her she saw Zero clutching his right shoulder where he got shot. Blood bled through his white shirt into the water dying it red. On the left side of the pool was where Yuki was at in a state of shock. Behind her was that man.

From what came out of both Zero and Yagari's mouth, they must have history together.

Seeing that his aimed gun went slack, Hana took the opportunity to turn around in front of Zero blocking his body with hers. 

"I don't know what you saw, Zero wasn't drinking my blood!" Hana shouts at the older man with determination in her eyes. She pulls down the collar of her shirt revealing her neck. "I have no bites!"

"You must be Ikeda-san's daughter then," he says.

Hana felt her heart stop at the mention of her father's name. As she was opening her mouth to ask him how he knew her father, behind her Zero let's out a painful gasp.

"Zero!" Yuki shouts jumping into the pool. She swam to where the two of them were at and held Zero into her arms.

"It's just a tiny graze, but the pain is excruciating isn't it? That's because the bullet has an anti-vampire spell embedded in it," Yagari states looking down at them.

"B-but that would mean..." Yuki looks at Zero then to Hana. The older girl swallows nothing avoiding the younger girl's gaze.

She knew exactly what Yuki was thinking. This means that Zero is a vampire. This means that Hana-senpai had known that Zero was a vampire. This means that Zero didn't tell her that he was a vampire.