Chapter 22

"Hana! I hope that you don't mind if I called you by your name," Takuma says coming over to her. The blonde girl looks away from the love triangle after Kaname pulls Yuki into his side on the love seat. Bleh! 

"I realized you've always called me by my name, so I thought I could do the same," he continues. "Plus, you came."

Her mouth curves upwards seeing his warm smile. Takuma was a good choice to fawn over.

"I don't mind at all. If I had known it was for your birthday party, I would have brought you a gift."

"Oh no need at all. Your presence here is good enough."

"No no," Hana insists. "I'll be willing to make you anything. Chocolates? Cookies?" Hana felt a little bit bad since the only reason why she came was to find out more about vampires. If she was told beforehand it was for a vampire's birthday party, she might have declined.

"Well... since you insist. Would you be willing to take some time off this weekend for lunch?"

"I-" Before Hana could give Takuma an answer, gasps were heard. 

Everyone looked towards where the two prefects and Kaname was at. Hana was now understanding for everyone's reaction.

The girl who had stood beside Kaname had her hand towards Zero's neck in a threatening manner. Then again, Zero had his vampire hunter gun pointing to Kaname's head. Yuki's harm was in that said vampire's hand. Was it something to do with Yuki?

"Seiren... It's all right," Kaname says. "I'm the one who said something I shouldn't have."

Both Zero and Seiren relaxed. What was she, his bodyguard? Looking around, Hana noticed something weird. All the Night Class students were giving their attention to Kaname like some king.

"Pointing a gun at Lord Kaname..." Hana turned to her left to see that Hanabusa spoke up. Pft! Lord Kaname?! Wait a second... "Tearing you apart limb by limb is too good of a punishment."

From beside Hana, Takuma speaks up. "I won't do that. As long as we're here in this academy.I don't want to shatter Headmaster Cross's ideals of peace."

Hanabusa uncrossed his arms angrily. "But do not forgot... We vampires are here at this academy solely due to the presence of the Pureblood. Lord Kaname."

Wait what?

Hana immediately looks at the handsome man sitting basically on his throne. He's a Pureblood?! And since vampires are under an hierarchy... Kuran Kaname sits at the top!

"You are a Pureblood... Kaname?" Yuki looked up at him in shocked. It seems like she didn't even know despite her knowing about the presence of vampires here. This is crazy!

Since Kaname is actually their king, the only reason why all these vampires are here is to follow after him. Without Kaname here, does that mean these vampires wouldn't really follow after the headmaster's strict rules?

Headmaster Cross's ideal of peace. She wonders what that is all about. Since it's concerning humans, vampires, and peace, Hana is assuming it's peace between the two parties. Have humans and vampires been at war this entire time? If not, then that means they have in the past.

Things are getting out of hand for Hana. First it was finding out that vampires exists and go to her school. Then it was finding a lead to her father while helping out the headmaster's adopted son. Now... it turns out that the person she is picking a fight on is the leader of all the vampires. 

Period!