This Year (2019)

It was that time of year again, the holidays were soon approaching and so where the memories of what happened last Christmas. Even though it was only November, you had already made a promise to yourself you were going to do everything you could to make it even better. The past year you were really on an emotional rollercoaster.

Going through a breakup was bad enough, but knowing there was cheating involved made it even worse. There were countless of times where you had questioned what was wrong with you and if you would ever find love, especially when your career was to be gone for months at a time. But that didn't really matter to you in the moment because you wanted to focus on your career and yourself.

You spent many hours in the studio or with your guitar or piano in your living room writing down all the feelings you were feeling inside. Many of them weren't the best, but getting them out and seeing them written messily on a piece of paper made you feel better.

You know longer blamed yourself or felt even a smidge of heartbreak over what had happened with your ex. You still weren't ready to jump back into the whole dating scene despite your close friends and family thinking you should. While you were over your ex and what happened, you weren't ready to possibly relive another heartbreak when you just got in a good place.

Your new album was close to be finished. You still need to write two more songs for it and a few songs that were recorded needed some production on it, but you had a good feeling that the album would be pretty closed to finished by the end of the year.

Currently, you were in New York, needing a change of scenery. You pulled your coat tighter around you as the cool wind blew on your walk to the small theatre show you were attending that night. When you got to your seat, you took off your coat laying it across your lap as you sat down. You checked your phone as  you passed the time waiting for the show to begin.

You were a few rows from the stage and you couldn't wait for it start. You had looked forward to this show ever since you booked your flight to NYC. The lights had dimmed, singling the show would start soon, when you heard someone needed to get by to their seats.

When you looked up you noticed the person looked familiar, but due to the bad lighting and them wearing a hat, you couldn't pinpoint on who or why you appeared to have known them. You got up from your seat, letting them pass by, they mumbled a thank you before sitting down two seats from you.

You knew it would bug you the entire time, not knowing who this person was, so you tried to discreetly peek over in their direction to see if you could get a better look. Just before the lights went completely dark, you finally figured it out.

He was Harry Styles.

**

The last year for Harry had been one of the best. Of course, there were plenty of times he felt like utter shit, but everyone had their bad or sad moments. However, throwing himself into his work and some traveling was exactly what he needed. He needed the time by himself to just decompress over everything and just live his life. Being in the studio and working on his second album also helped him get through it.

Just last month, he released his first single for the album, and now he was currently in New York to not only perform on Saturday Night Live, but also host. While he was excited about the opportunity, he was also really fucking nervous. He had been so focused and working so hard the past few days, he decided he would give himself a little break by attending a play at a small venue in the city.

He spent sometime backstage before the show, so he got to his seat just a bit before the curtains opened. When he got to his seat, which was towards the middle, he hated having to make everyone else get up from there seats, but there was no other way to go about it.