chapter nine

days went by without hana and jay meeting each other in person, which slightly disappointed her. she never saw jay at the café whenever she had shifts and when she was at the apartment complex.

hana was once again working a night shift and it was close to closing time, so there weren't any customers in the café.

"so hana," eunbi began, "how are you and celebrity boy?"

hana chuckled, "celebrity boy has a name. it's jay. and i haven't spoken nor seen him for days."

"aww is someone sad about not seeing their lover?" andrew teased.

"lover? absolutely not," hana chuckled, "and yeah maybe i am. i mean he's a really cool guy and definitely spices up my life."

"spices?" eunbi asked.

"learned that from jay," hana explained.

andrew cleared his throat to gain the two girls' attention, "oh hi jay."

"jay?" hana asked, turning around to see jay walking towards the counter.

"haven't seen you in a long time. hey," hana smiled, receiving nothing but a smile back.

seeing the awkwardness between the two, eunbi cleared her throat and tapped hana's shoulder, "hey why don't you take care of cleaning up the back? i'll take this order."

"oh yeah i'll go help you," andrew told hana, pulling her to the back.

"um .. did you forget to tell us that you two are arguing or something? why'd he act like that?" andrew asked.

"argue? from what i recall, we left on good terms the last time we saw each other," hana replied, "but it's fine. i mean he did reply. a smile counts as a reply right?"

"reply my butt," andrew snickered, "don't tell me .. he thinks he's too good for you. i mean he's a celebrity, but that doesn't mean—"

"andrew!" hana chuckled, "it's not that big of a deal. and jay isn't like that. maybe a bad day or something."

andrew sighed, "oh you're so blind. it's okay, you can go for his six friends."

"what are you talking about? i wasn't trying to go after jay in the first place," hana smiled, "come on. let's go clean."

andrew and hana wrapped up cleaning in the back and went to the front where eunbi was wiping the counters.

"hey .. that was awfully strange, wasn't it?" eunbi asked.

"hana keeps saying it's nothing, but it's obviously something if he only smiled. it wasn't even a smile. it was one of those fake smiles you give when you see someone you don't like," andrew spoke.

hana sighed, "since you don't believe me when i say it's nothing, let me show you. i'm going to text him and we're going to have a normal conversation."

eunbi gasped, "you have his number?"

"of course," andrew replied, "they're practically lovers."

hana shot andrew a death glare before sending the text to jay.

hana
hey jay

both eunbi and andrew had their heads over hana's shoulder while they all waited for jay's response.

instead of getting a reply, hana got a notification.

"this number currently has you blocked. your messages will not be seen," andrew read aloud.

"he .." eunbi began.

"jay blocked me?" hana asked in disbelief.
:::::
hey guys, i'm super sorry for not updating in such a long time. for some reason, wattpad wasn't letting me update any of my stories and i sent them tons of messages to get it fixed, so hopefully you guys can see these chapters now