"Let me and Ahsoka take over," Anakin said.

Kenobi gratefully nodded and scooted back to let Ahsoka take his position. Rex couldn't bare to look at Cody. Due to the explosion, his armor was nearly burnt to a crisp and it melted to his skin. His armor was pretty much the only thing that was holding Cody together. Blood was oozing out of the cracks in the armor and the smell of chard flesh filled the air. Rex looked to Ahsoka and Anakin and they had their eyes closed with their brows furrowed.

He couldn't believe it. This couldn't be happening again. Cody always had to play the hero in these situations no mister the cost, and that sometimes scared Rex. They had always been close, they were best friends on Kamino and continued to be later on. He helped Cody through hard times, and vice versa. He looked down at Cody again and saw the bleeding had slowed down and beads of sweat were forming on the Jedi's brows. Rex looked to Cody's face and sighed when he saw the large scar on his face. Memories of Kamino came back to him. No he told himself, Don't think about that, he'll be fine and recover.... right?

To keep himself busy, he decided to get out some bacta and start wiping away the dust and grime on Cody's face and to patch up the lacerations.

Rex got the cuts in his vod's face all covered in a coat of the regenerative gel. He sat there and noticed Obi-Wan rejoined the healing group. His heart skipped a beat when he saw Cody's eyelids flicker, like he blinked with his eyes closed.

"Cody?" Rex said softly, "Codes, can you hear me,"

Cody's lips slightly moved and quivered, he was trying to speak. He very faintly mumbled something indistinct and Rex jumped when Ahsoka gasped and nearly fell over backwards.

"Woah 'Soka, are you okay?" He asked.

Ahsoka swallowed hard, "I just can't overwork myself, and I think I overdid it by a tad," she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand, "How is he? Is the healing working?"

"Yeah... he's barely conscious though,"

"It's better then being unconscious,"

Rex nodded, "You should snap those two out of it so that they don't hurt themselves," he didn't take his eyes off his brother.

"... Um, okay. Master," she tapped his shoulder but he was still working, "Hellooo?" She nudged hard him this time.

Anakin gasped, "What's happening!?"

"Nothing, you're healing too much, your not a healer,"

He nodded and tapped Obi-Wan's head, "Hey, you can stop now,"

Kenobi opened his eyes and looked to Rex. It was strangely creepy how zen Obi-Wan was.

Rex cleared his throat, "He's made a difference in physical healing-,"

"Wait, how did we get here?" Ahsoka interrupted him.

"Medics and others brought us into this gunship for shelter,"

Cody slightly coughed and groaned and his face showed signs of anguish. Rex but a hand to his forearm and waited intensely for his brother to open his eyes or do something. A medic came over and put a hand to Rex's shoulder, "I have to do work on him now, so I need you four to leave please,"

Rex looked up and saw Kix, ".... alright, update us as soon as you get any progress,"

He stood up, along with the Jedi, and exited the gunship. They were now on a landing platform outside of the cloning facility and they saw clones on stretches being loaded onto gunships and the gunships taking off.

"And Kamino?" Anakin asked.

"We still have men working inside, they're doing a sweep of the place to make sure it is all clear. We'll know if we did it in a few hours," Rex responded.

Obi-Wan took a step forward and nearly fell to the ground. He didn't put weight on one of his legs and Anakin quickly got to his side, "Okay you need help,"

"We all need help," Ahsoka said.

Rex looked around, "Why?" He said very quickly. He didn't see anything and he realized what his wife meant, "Geez don't say that. The last time someone said that a wave of droids were coming,"

"Oh," Ahsoka chuckled, "Sorry,"

"I'm fine Anakin," Obi-Wan said.

"No you're not, you need to get medical attention," Anakin argued.

Kenobi groaned, "I'm fine, I just need to rest. And besides, we all need medical attention. Look at Rex, he's gotten shot, Ahsoka's gotten shot, and you need psychiatric attention,"

"Hey!"

Rex quietly sniggered and Anakin shot him a glare. He stopped laughing and turned to Ahsoka who had a smile on her face, making him smile too. Anakin rolled his eyes at the lovestruck couple and then realized he couldn't say anything. He was just as bad as them, if not worse.

A clone came up to them, he looked like he was one of Aayla Secura's, and said, "Sirs, we are finished with half of the sweep and only one or two clones needed the chips removed, at least, ones we saw. But so far so good, and I think we've done it, we finally took Kamino,"
———-
To those who celebrate it, happy Thanksgiving!🧡🦃