Crossfire

"What do you mean you can't fight?" Fives asked Echo.

"Fives, my leg hurts like hell and the General told me to stay behind. Plus, Kix would murder me in my sleep if he found out I went against medical orders," Echo said.

"But can't you stock up on antibiotics and painkillers?"

"That would be short term and I don't want to injure myself more than I already am,"

"But this is one of our biggest moments, and we do everything together. If you sit this one out then I'd be doing this alone, and who would be my ARC partner?"

"You of all people know about injuries. Remember that one stunt you pulled with Hardcase a few weeks ago?"

"Oh no no don't bring that up. And that was different,"

"How?"

"Because—," Fives sighed, "If you don't want to continue, it's fine. Don't feel obligated to move forward because of me. It's okay. Look, I should get going...."

"Okay," Echo looked down, "Well, good luck,"

"Thanks,"

And with that, Fives headed off to the others feeling down, and not just because Echo wouldn't be there from a leg injury, but because he was sure he made Echo feel bad about not fighting, and that hurt him too. Fives pushed his thoughts to the far back of his mind and focused at the task at hand: fighting his own brothers to help them.

Ahsoka rubbed her sore arm. She got shot there and it was starting to burn more and more as her adrenaline depleted. Rex walked passed her and very subtly, and as lightly as ever, brush his hand against hers and continued walking on to go check on some injured clones. She felt a warmth spread over her and smiled to herself, oh how she loved him. It made her heart flutter every time she'd think about all they'd do, from the smallest of touches, to the biggest of kisses. Sometimes the tiniest gestures warmed her the most, like the one he just did.

"Snips,"

Ahsoka jumped at the sound of Anakin's voice from behind her. She turned around, "Oh, hey, what's up,"

"Stay focused, you're grinning like a creepy person," he said softly just enough for her montrals to pick up, then he spoke in his normal voice, "Gather the men, I have to talk to Obi-Wan real quick and more of the affected clones should be on the way," he started to walk away but stopped short, "Oh, and be sure to tell them we'll have to face even the younger clones. Y'know, the kids,"

"Okay, I will Master," Ahsoka nodded.

She turned around and saw the clones, some sitting on the ground, others leaning against the walls. Rex was sitting crisscross next to Cody with his helmet in his lap and Ahsoka had to remind herself not to let him tung at her heart strings. She walked over to them and they all looked at her and she could tell they were about to salute her, "At ease, gents," they all relaxed. "Alright listen up, break's over. We are going to continue the assault, but be warned, we are going to be heading to the where the younger ones are. So just.... be easier on them, don't go full force,"

They all acknowledged and those who were sitting stood up. They all reloaded their weapons and stocked back up on ammo and quickly reapplied any bacta that was needed. Rex quickly finished up and walked up to Ahsoka, "You're hurting," he said, gesturing to her arm.

"Oh. It's nothing," she looked at the ground and slightly scuffed her foot against the ground.

Rex sighed, "Why are you so stubborn?" he said quietly.

He quickly whipped out a small bacta patch and put it overtop the small burn. Ahsoka smiled in gratitude and swiftly nudged him off, careful not to raise any suspicious or create any rumors.

Anakin came back with Obi-Wan at his side, "Everyone ready?" He asked. The clones either nodded or said some form of 'yes, sir'. "Good,"
He walked to the front of the group with Rex, Ahsoka, and Kenobi behind him, "Let's get moving."

The Wolfpack entered a large room, the Citadel Challenge combat training room to be exact. Wolffe took a large and quick look around with some others and reported back to Plo Koon, "The place is empty, no one's here and no one fought in here either recently. Should we move on?"

Plo stood there for a second, "No. We must stay here. Be prepared for an ambush," he said quietly.

This made Wolffe more alert and more acute to all the sounds and even the slightest vibrations. He focused hard, concentrating on every little detail. His head whipped to one side as he saw a blaster barrel appear in the window of the watch tower, "Get down!" He yelled.

One shiny didn't react quick enough, so Wolffe grabbed his shoulders and dropped to the ground, taking the young one with him. Once that blaster fired and missed, it seemed as if they were in the middle of a light show. Shades of blue and green flashed all around them, they weren't in good cover, so many clones were getting shot down.

Plo ignited his lightsaber and stood up from behind a barrier and deflected many of the blaster bolts, "Commander!" He shouted over his shoulder, "Get out of here!" Knowing it was going to come out alive form the encircle of lasers.

Wolffe huffed, he couldn't leave Plo behind. He saw his brothers getting shot down left and right and immediately felt regret; so many shinies. He took a breath and exited his cover. He maneuvered though all the blaster fire and did his best to stun as many as he could. He had to do his best to fight against them and he walked behind his general, "We have to fight,"

"I know, but I need you to get the others away safely and I know you can do that. Now go," he said sternly.

Wolffe blinked and pushed back his emotions Not now he thought. He sighed and quickly turned around and commanded everyone to turn back over his inner helmet comlink. He stood behind and waited till the clones exited the room safely which took longer than expected, but most made it out. Wolffe quickly stunned a few and was about to run back out but Plo pushed him back with the Force and he crashed into Boost and Sinker. He growled as he stood back up and saw the door close, "Get in the floor vents, let's ambush the ones that ambushed us," Everyone just stood around, not quite sure how to do that.

Wolffe rolled his eyes and took initiative. He walked over to a wall and ripped off a vent grate. The duct was just big enough for the clones to get in.

"Some floor panels in that room raise and lower and there's a big empty space under there. If we get under a rising platform, we can hop on there and catch those clones off guard and stun them. Sinker, your group comes with me. Boost, yours goes in that vent," Wolffe pointed to a vent on the other side of the wall.

He got on all fours and crawled in the crammed vent. He crept through the duct until it opened up into a large area below the training room. The sounds of blaster fires rang through and he walked out into the under space. Boost's group came into it pretty much the same time as Wolffe and they all gathered around, "Ready?" He asked. The Wolfpack nodded, "Good, now let's go,"

—————

I'm going to be busy these upcoming days with Thanksgiving and all, so I might not upload every day.