꧁ S I X T E E N ꧂

Start from the beginning

Nessa races down the stairs, ignoring her parents who stand in the living room waiting for her. She pushes past her dad and makes her way outside. Josh is the first to see her and she wastes no time in crashing into him, wrapping her arms around his taller frame as she cries again, needing to be comforted. The action takes Josh by surprise a little but he doesn't hesitate to hold her in his arms while rubbing her back in a soothing way. Jaden and Mad's share a look before finishing loading up the jeep.

"Janesa! Where do you think you're going!" Nina yells as she steps out of the house, folding her arms. Drew stands behind her, refusing to make eye contact with his daughter.

Pulling away from Josh, Nessa opens her mouth to speak but is interrupted when Josh gently pushes her slightly behind him and takes a step forward.

"She's moving in with me. Nessa is carrying my child and I made a promise to protect them both from anything and that includes heartless people like you. How could you throw your pregnant teenage daughter out on the streets like this? What kind of parent does that? I'm taking Ness and my baby to somewhere I can look after them both and be there for them both. I suggest if you want to be parents to her ever again then you apologize and stop being so old fashioned. It's not a good look". He yells at them both- shocking everyone.

Josh takes Nessa's hand and leads her over to the jeep. Nessa doesn't look back at her parents and she doesn't yell at Josh for being rude to them as she climbs up to the passenger seat with a little help from Mad's. She can't quite believe what she just heard him say and how he defended her. Maybe he really does care about her.

"Now who do you think you are?" Drew asks, stepping out from behind his wife and getting in Josh's face. The teenage boy however isn't intimidated the least and smirks, pissing Drew off even more.

"I'm the father of your grandchild. I'm Martin Richards son and I'm walking away now, I have to get my family settled into their new home". With one last smirk, he walks away and nods to Jaden who is trying to hold in his laughter whilst he leans against Mad's' car.

Nessa lets out a deep breath when she sees her dad cuss under his breath before going back into the house, her mom furiously following behind. She can't help but smile as Josh gets into the jeep, his words ringing in her ears.

He said his family.

꧁꧂

"Are you sure this okay?".

Josh takes the key out of the ignition, turning his head to see a concerned look on Nessa's tear stained face. She had only stopped crying a few minutes before he pulled into his driveway. The doubt in her eyes makes him even more furious at her parents for what they've done to her. How could they be so horrible to their daughter like this? Throwing her out on the streets was one thing but to give her an ultimatum was another entirely. It infuriated Josh that she had just been put through that. He swore when he found out that Nessa was carrying his child that he would protect them both and he plans on keeping that promise.

"When Mad's texted I was on a call with my parents and told them everything which I hope you don't mind-". He pauses, only continuing when Nessa shakes her head a little. "They were the ones who suggested it actually. You'll be fine I swear. If you're not comfortable staying at my place then we can find some other arrangement but the offer is here and it would put my mind at ease if I had you close by".

Josh's behavior today has really opened Nessa's eyes to a whole new him. She was now seeing a side to him that she had never seen before. He was protective and caring- not that he wasn't already but this kind of caring wasn't his usual. He always has his friends and family's backs but today was just different. It comforted her, knowing that she could trust him and that he meant what he said about not being his dad. He wants to be better and she can see that he's really trying. It made her feel warm and content regardless of what had just happened.

"Thank you Josh. It really means a lot to me and I'm sorry for dumping all of this on you it's not fair-"

"Please don't apologize for something you had no control over. You have nothing to be sorry about. None of this is your fault and I'm obviously not going to hesitate to help when it comes to my family which you're apart of now whether you like it or not".

Nessa smiles warmly at the boy she's known her whole life, smiling innocently. "Lucky for you Richards, I do".

꧁꧂

Josh's parents are out of town for the week, spending some time away from work and their usual every day lives for their wedding anniversary which meant Josh could get Nessa settled in before they came back and bombarded them both with rules and questions and parent things.

"This is your room, it's small and basic but we can always redecorate it if you want- make it feel a little more homely for you of course" Josh rambles as he shows Nessa to her new room.

The brunette stares at the light grey walls, her eyes trailing to the vines that hang from the corner of the ceiling along with an arrangement of various plants that sit on the floor underneath. The queen sized bed is placed in the center of the room and it's what catches the eye first. The comforter and numerous pillows are earthy colors, making the room very clean and cozy.

Nessa turns to face Josh who is waiting in anticipation to see her reaction. He lets out the breath he'd been holding in when he sees the smile that's etched upon her face. She likes it.

"I'm going to start bringing the boxes in and then I'll help you unpack. The boys and Mad's are coming over later so if you want to nap or anything until then I'll leave you to it" The boy mutters before turning to leave.

"Josh wait" Nessa calls just as he's about to head downstairs. He places a hand on the door frame, his eyebrows raised in question. "Thank you. This means a lot to me".

He smiles back, his boyish grin giving her goosebumps.

"Anytime Bambi".

____________________
ꕥ  A U T H O R S  ꕥ
~ n o t e ~
________________

I KNOW I KNOW

sorry i keep saying im gonna update and then never do :/ im just working on something else on here that y'all are gonna LUV and i wanted to focus on it for a little while. i swear two chapters are getting updated for this book tomorrow (Sunday) and then another two either Monday or Tuesday.

I think I'm gonna make a posting schedule so is there any days that y'all would prefer i update on?

In regards to the 'other thing' im
doing on here, y'all are gonna have to wait another couple of weeks maybe (?) so stay tuned for that and check my message board for updates about it.

if you guys have any questions you wanna ask me about any of my books then pls don't hesitate to dm me or leave them here!

thanks for being so patient <3