"What are you idiots talking about now?" Angelina asked as she bit into her sandwich.

"Well this idiot," George said pointing to Fred. "Accidentally pranked a first year Hufflepuff when we were aiming for a Slytherin this morning. Gave her quite a scare." He finished laughing as Fred made a weird face.

(Y/n) was so caught up with Lee that she totally forgot how betrayed she had felt that they didn't let her in on their little prank. She stood up abruptly and headed out the Great Hall. All eyes focused on her.

"Wait (y/n)!"

She froze. Why was she making this so awkward? 

"Yes?" She asked hesitantly as she turned around to meet brown eyes.

Fred felt a little awkward as they stood outside the corridor, running his hand behind his neck. "I just wanted to make sure everything was okay with you."

He knew something had been bothering her for a few weeks, but he had no idea what it could be. She had said had just been busy studying with Hermione in the library, but he knew she was hiding something. A few times he had used the Marauder's map to check up on her even going as far one night as walking and checking the old library to see for his own eyes.

And there she was, as beautiful as ever, but it was different. Even when she had her book out in front of her, with her homework sprawled out he knew she was deep in thought. Something was eating at her, and it pained him to see the girl he absolutely adored in so much pain.

"I'm fine, thank you Freddie," (Y/n) said breaking him out of his thoughts. "But I should get going. I have Care of Magical Creatures and I needed to ask Hagrid a few things."

"Oh okay," Fred said sounding a little disappointed. He'd be lying to himself if he said he didn't miss having her around.

"But I'll see you tonight?" She asked. "I made plans with Lee and thought afterwards we could all meet up?"

(Y/n) tried so hard not to laugh at his expression as he perked up.

"Yeah! I'll see you tonight!"

She began to walk away from him before slowly turning around, "Oh and Freddie," she called out.

"Yeah?"

"Good job on your prank earlier. It was brilliant."

He sent her a lopsided grin, beaming off the complement he had just received. "It was bloody brilliant wasn't it?" he asked before walking back inside the Great Hall.

She made her way to Hagrid's hut as Hermione, Harry, and Ron walked passed, their talking hushed and low.

"What are you guys planning?" (Y/n) asked as she walked next to them. They all froze, wide eyed as they looked between one another.

"Well um we were er just-" Ron started, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Heading to the library!" Harry finished trying his hardest to not make any eye contact.

(Y/n) looked at all three closely. "You guys are horrible liars. The library is in the opposite direction. Now where are you really going?"

Harry just shook his head, but before he could say anything Hermione stepped forward. "She could help us but we're running out of time. Follow us," the young girl said as she grabbed (y/n)'s hand and rushed to the third corridor.

Rushing up the stairs the three kids filled (y/n) on everything they had figured out starting with the three headed dogs named Fluffy that they were about to run into.