Chapter 8

Hermione's POV

   I rushed, sprinted to my babies. What happened? Why are they in pain?

  I jumped over rocks, skipped a few steps. I saw a Ravenclaw with a broom. I snatched the broom out of his hand, climbed it and shot off in the sky.

   I flew as fast as I could towards my darling dragon's cries. When I finally reached them, I saw that they were caught in a net. Unable to get out, trashing and screaming in anguish.

   I looked around to see that... that it was Hagrid who put them in that horrid net. All I saw at that moment was red. With a flick of my hand, the net vanished.

  Harry, Gem and Orion noticed the weight of the net vanishing off them. They looked around and finally their eyes fell on me in the air. They flew to me and I jumped on Harry's back, off the horrendous broom.

   I hugged Harry while I patted Orion and Gem. Oh, my sweet babies, they're alright and safe. I smiled and that's when they (Orion and Gem) decided to lick me, seriously? Did they have to do that?

  "Ugh! I told you three that this doesn't wash off a million times!" I said in horror as I looked at my robes.

   My poor new robes! RIP my new robes. I couldn't save you from dragon slobber.

   I gave them a playful glare to which they replied with their dragonish grins. I gently guided Harry to land as the other two followed and did the same.

  I got off them and marched upto Hagrid. I swear you could see steam come out of my ears by how very mad I was.

  "You giant oaf! How dare you?" I screamed pointing my wand at Hagrid

"Uh, Hermione? Let's not cast spells and get violent, shall we?" Hagrid gulped nervously

  "How dare you trap my precious darling dragons in a stupid net that hurt them? How dare you hurt them? They are perfectly harmless and you hurt my precious darling dragons! If you weren't someone I cared about, I would have fed you to them by now." I yelled

"I didn't know?" Hagrid said and it came out as a question

  "Don't. Ever. Come. Near. My. Precious. Darling. Dragons. Again. Or. I. Will. Feed. You. To. Them. It's not a threat, it's a promise." I said slowly through gritted teeth

  I spun on my heels and went back to my dragons. Aw, they're so cute. Waiting for me obediently and with innocent faces. I stopped right in my tracks.

  Wait.

Dragons with innocent faces?

My dragons are far from innocent.

What did they do now?

"What did you three do?" I asked tapping my foot and crossing my arms

  Gem growled as though asking something along the lines of, "Us, we're your innocent darlings, what can we do?"

"You really want me to tell ya what you can do and what you have done?" I said raising an eyebrow

  The three of them growled in a sigh and Harry pointed towards a burnt tree with his snout.

What?

Burnt tree?

They burned a tree! A freaking tree!

  "Seriously? Can't wait for another five minutes?" I asked give them that are you serious? look

Orion growled in a casual manner and three of them just grinned. I rolled my eyes at them. Well, there's no use crying over spilt milk or in this case, a burnt tree.