c h a p t e r 5

Five : Cats look-alike

Hyerin's POV

"You're back? How's your date?"

I ignored Ara and walked passed her to the kitchen, reaching out a bottle of water from the fridge to cool down myself.

Guilty, ashamed, sadness, you name it. Honestly, they just saving my butt from danger. But what did I do? Making tons of assumption, accusing them for doing something nasty to my body. No, I was totally wrong.

Even Hyunsuk who admitted he's a fuckboy had never have the intention to take an advantage on me. Or does he? I will leave that on hanging. Since I just met him so I didn't know about his background yet.

The Jihoon guy, he seems nice and caring. Look what happened today, he brought me all the way home as an apology for what he had done. Think about it. Is there any other boys who was willing to do that? It's really rare to find one in this big world.

So it looked close to impossible for him to act out like he was a bad guy.

"Alright, I guess it didn't seem well. You've been standing in front of the open fridge for solid 10 minutes. You're not a 'snow-woman', Hyerin"

I stopped my train of thoughts before it went further towards its doomed.

"Right. Thanks Ara" Closing the fridge and made my next destination to the couch with disappointed feeling bottling up inside of me. I faced the ground, neither wanting to make an eye contact with Ara nor the household things.

Ara quickly noticed what was going on. She walked straight to where I was and sat beside me.

"Mind if you...."

In this kind of situation, I just wanted to disappear from reality. It was hard for me to accept the truth. I felt dumb. Idiotic.

"Nevermind. I understand. You can tell me tomorrow or whenever you are ready. Now, go to your room and get some rest. We'll go somewhere to wipe your mind off from the problems"

I painted a small smile as a reply then trod as fast as I could to my own comfort place where I can hide my feelings from everyone.

ו×

"Wakey, wakey~ It's time to wake up"

I'm a morning person usually but starting from now on I changed. No more morning coffee latte. Why the world has to be so cruel??

"You can't see me, I'm invisible" I replied to Ara as I covered myself with blanket, making it look like a human burrito. I didn't want the next days to keep on rising because pretty sure one day I will coincidentally meet those guys back for sure.

"Well, up to you then. I wanna visit the cats cafe near your house. I heard it's just opened yesterday and people are already in love with it"

Cats cafe??! Ugh she knows my weakness. I love cats so damn much.

"No? Okay bye, See ya!"

"I'm awake! Okay, I'm awake. Wait for me to go shower and change. Gosh, I hate you"

"I love you too" Though I gave her a deadly death stare, she still managed to wink and put on a smile before heading out downstairs.

ו×

"I'm really grateful you told me about this cafe. My life wouldn't be more bless without cats meowing around and asking us to pet them" In 10 years of friendship, it felt like the first time she had ever did something that helped me ease my mind from all of the shits.

Ara leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "I also heard the workers here are handsome, robbing every customers' heart whenever they come here"

"No wonder the cafe so popular although they just launched it yesterday" I shrugged it off as I turned my head to Ara's direction. She was gone ahead in front of the cafe door, waiting for me to join her after.

As we came inside, all of the cafe staffs gave us a warm welcomed. I see, one of the reasons why the cafe is everyone's favourite. Other cafes I had went they never greeted like this except for the waiter when they take my orders. Sucks.

"Welcome to our cats cafe! Please take your seat, Miss" One of the waiter pointed out at the empty table beside a big clear window. We thanked him and went to our seats.

Just like another cafe. Apart from it, they had cats, of course, the building had two floors, inside they designed it in nature concept that make people felt comfortable to sit their butts in here.

Also the staffs were all...guys? Seriously? No girls?

"Let's order, shall we?" I nodded at Ara's words.

After we finished ordering our drinks and desserts, I picked up one gray cat, a British Shorthair. Ara was on her phone so I decided to play with the cat since she probably didn't wanna have a chit-chat.

"What's your name, you cute little fluffy cat?" I checked its collar and was written 'Tom' on it. "It's Tom. Aww, can I squish you? ugh why you have to be so cute!"

I found a ball and threw it not far from where we sat. He romped the ball further away and I was about to chase him but stopped as soon as I saw a familiar face at the end of the cafe.

Don't tell me it's...

Making sure who he was, I took a stepped ahead.

I don't think it's him.

Unfortunately, something blocking my way. One of the good-looking waiters were doing his job, mopping at the certain area. Without being concerned around me, I kept on walking to have a closer look on that guy.

"Miss, don't come here. We need to clean up the mess first"

I looked over his nametag.

'Yoshinori'. Wow, a japanese guy?

"You look like a cat"

"Haha, I know. Everybody said that"

Ara, for this time I agreed on what you told me about the handsome workers. This guy right here, standing face to face, I gotta admit he's the cutest ever.

"Em, miss. This area is dangerous for you to walk on the other side of the cafe. Kindly please return to your table. Your orders will be served in a short minutes"

"Oh sorry. But I need to get something done"

With that, I left him paused, at a loss for words.

Because of my stubborn head, I paced forward the guy I saw before and accidentally stepped on the wet floor.

Yeah, losing my consciousness.

"Miss! Are you alright?!"

The last thing I knew was the waiter, Yoshinori's shaky voice, worrying about me.

ו×

A/N : Homeworks and non-stop online classes are hell😌someone help me ㅠㅠ