"B-but Y-Your highness, Hi-His Majesty might kill me!!"

Athanaris only smiled before pushing him out, he then slumped on his chair, massaging his temples, a cold glint in his narrowed eyes.

He have witnessed slavery back in his world when his so called father introduced him to the underworld, he hated it and still is hating it, so hearing slavery happening in this world, in this empire, he was furious, the slaves aren't even adults, they're children okay, children.

He looked at the stacks of paperworks placed on his table for a while before deciding to give his father a visit first and also talk to him about this matter.

The hallways to his father's office is quiet as there was no sound heard except for occasional humming of Athanaris as he walked.

And now he missed playing, maybe he'll request a violin later.

He arrived and knocked on the door, after hearing a quiet 'come in', he opened the door and walked inside, seeing his father staring at the paperwork but not doing anything with it.

"Father?"

Claude hummed in response.

"I will be gone for a few days. I have to deal with the slave trade happening in the borders."

Claude's head shot up and looked at him with a pointed stare, clearly unpleasant by the idea of sending his son to the borders to deal with such things.

Athanaris sighed, knowing what his father's answer will be so he gave his best puppy dog eyes to Claude "Pleaseee Daddy. I wanna go~ I'm not going to get harmed because the knights are there so pleaseeeeee" he pouted right after.

Claude fought back the urge to accept when he saw the look his son gave him but it proved to be futile when his son pleaded him with a pout and the only thing he can do is sigh in defeat before agreeing.

Athanaris thanked him with a bright smile, kissing his cheek with a big 'Muah' before skipping out of the room.

After Athanaris went out, he sighed and called in Felix, ordering him to take the knight that is going to be with his son.

__________

THEY STOOD NERVOUSLY in front of the emperor whose giving such a cold aura, his mana flaring, adding more fear to the scared knights.

"You all shall protect Athanaris with your life, if any harm shall befall him, even a strand of his hair, you all will be beheaded, your bodies displayed at the entrance of the palace, do you understand?"

The knights sweated bullets and answered in unison "Understood Your Majesty."

"Good." Claude nodded slightly, satisfied at their answer and dismissed them.

Felix stood at the side with a sweat drop, a slightly crooked smile plastered on his lips 'His Majesty is too overprotective of His Highness'

__________

LOOKING OVER THE FOREST was a small figure of a child perched on top of a random tree branch, eyes narrowed as he watched over the black hooded figures followed by many chained up children.

He glanced down at the based of the tree and saw a red headed knight, he nodded slightly before eyeing the hooded figures and children once more as they entered a cave.

After some time, more people started to appear and the child waited and waited untill no one else is going in.

He raised his right hand and waved.

Suddenly, a dozen knights came out of the bushes and started to run in the cave, knocking out the guards guarding the cave in the process.

After about thirty minutes, they all came out with cuffed men dressed in noble outfits, only a few of them were wearing commoner outfits.

"Is that all of them?"

All of the cuffed men slightly jumped in surprise by the sound of a young, melodic voice and they stared wide eyed at the smiling child in front of them.

He tilted his head in question.

"Yes, this was all of them Your Highness." Felix answered, kneeling in front of him.

Athanaris inclined his head to the right, index finger tapping on his cheek as he said innocently "They why is there five more atop the trees?"

Felix's eyes widened and looked at the forest, only to see them already retreating.

He was about to chase after them but stopped when a cage made out of ice appeared and contained the five.

"Done now." Athanaris said with a huff.

They bound the five and set a camo for it was now night.

Athanaris was in a tent, discussing some matters with Felix before retiring to bed.

The next day, they set out to the palace.

It took two days for them to arrive and Athanaris immediately went to Claude's office after ordering the knights to take the prisoners down the dungeons and interrogate them.

He knocked twice but no one answered, so he went in and saw the empty room.

He walked around, finally stopping beside the bed where he saw Claude sleeping.

He gently shook him and said with a small, calm voice "Father, Father please sleep on the bed or you'll get cramps."

Claude stirred and saw him, muttering a small "Oh" before sitting up, eyes still droopy "Welcome back"

Athanaris blinked before smiling brightly "I'm back!"

"Ah, that's right my report. Do you want me to report now or later?"

"Later, let us sleep first."

Claude got up and went to lay in bed, Athanaris following after stripping himself off of his cape and boots.

Claude wrapped his arms around him protectively, like a parent does to their offspring.

Athanaris was lulled to sleep by the gentle and calloused hand that was running through his white hair.