//Chapter 5//

BODY REMAINED MOTIONLESS, soft and faint breathing can be heard through the quiet room.

The prince remained unmoved and it has been two years since he had slept leaving his father devastated and pained.

At the first year, Claude who is in an unstable condition has became colder day by day, Diana carefully mended him back slowly but surely and yet not even halfway through, a devastating news was delivered to them.

She will die of childbirth.

Claude is still grieving so when the news came out, he tried desperately to persuade her to give up the child that is eating up her life.

She was stubborn, yes, so she declined and decided to keep the baby.

So the cold war between the two have started.

Claude would drown himself in alcohol to forget and often visiting his son at night and sleeping with him in his arms, just like when he was still awake, every night pleading the child to wake up, to be by his side once again.

And then the faithed day came, the child was given birth to and Diana's life was drown out.

She died.

Claude was left alone once again.

He let the child live, he will see how she will live up to the name that was given to her by that woman 'Athanasia'

Day by day Claude became more colder, more distant, more cruel.

And then another year has passed and yet the prince still hasn't woke up.

__________

A DARK FIGURE LOOMED OVER the small, fragile and defenseless figure of a child laying motionless on the bed.

He brushed the white strands of hair away from the small face with a frown.

The figure, a black haired male with onyx eyes that glinted jeweled cerulean for a second looked down at the child.

"Your dying" he murmured.

Then a scowl settled on his face "Amaryllis should've been mine and you would've been my son if it wasn't for my bastard of a brother"

He brought his hand on the small chest and a magic circle appeared, after the circle vanished, the black smoke surrounding the prince disappeared without a trace.

The man brought up the small hand to his lips and kissed it, smirking slyly "Soon" and then he disappeared, leaving the sleeping prince alone in the room illuminated by the moonlight.

__________

ATHANARIS WOKE UP, and he felt stiff and heavy, it's as if a boulder was on top of him.

He looked around slightly with a dazed look, taking in the different surroundings.

He remembered what have happened and bolted up only to fell back down with a cry of pain.

His voice was horse and his throat hurt.

The door opened slowly and in came a maid carrying white sheets only to drop it when she saw the prince wide awake.

She snapped out of her shock when she saw Athanaris trying to get up and ran to him, helping the six years old sit up.

"A-are you alright your highness? Do you need anything?"

"W-water" he stammered and his voice cracked slightly.

The maid then poured a cup of water from the pitcher on the bedside table and gave it back.

"Please lie down your highness, I will inform his majesty of your awakening"

Athanaris nodded and laid down and not even five minutes have passed, the door was opened once again but this time by a blonde man who looks expectant.

When his eyes landed on Athanaris, he took long quick strides towards him.

Athanaris seeing his father teared up and started to cry, reaching out "Father"

Claude went and hugged his son tightly "Thank god... your awake" and a small genuine smile made its way to his lips.

"Yeah... I missed you" Athanaris replied, gripping tightly to Claude's robes.

Then he realized something "Where... Where is Diana? Is she alright?"

Claude's face darkened "No that wench died, the pest inside her took her life away, it's been a year and three months since then and two years, three months after you went to coma"

Athanaris's eyes widened "Two... years..."

"Then I have a little sister now?"

"Don't call it your sister"

Athanaris saw something in his eyes, those emotions that he first saw when he woke up.

He reached out and patted Claude's face lightly, smiling at him "It's okay Papa, I'm here with you"

Claude only hummed in response and buried his face on the crook of Athanaris's right shoulder, inhaling deeply and tightening his hold on his son, making sure it wasn't a dream.

Athanaris only patted his back in response and hugged back.