Chapter 25 | "you'll get used to it"

Start from the beginning

The medical room is designed just like a normal hospital with all the resources that their mafia possesses. A computer program generates a holographic patient to practice on.

The spy room is similar to the others, without the weapons rack, having a computer to generate different simulations to practice in.

The hacking room is small. A simple setup with each station having three large TVs hanging above the 3 computer monitors for one person to work at. They're programmed with different levels of difficulty relating to hacking or coding tasks of different types.

The rest of the large doors are for working out and conditioning. There's a boxing and kickboxing room. There's one just to practice wall-climbing. There's one for swimming or running. There's a general weightlifting room. One for karate practice. One for nunchuck and sword fighting, as well as a fire and explosive proof room for that type of training.

"Now the last part of this training facility, the combat arena." Jihyun says, leading him to the center. It looked like a normal combat arena, an elevated mat with elastic barriers around it. There were a few steps down from the outer ring of the training center and then a wide expanse of open space with the arena in the center.

As they walked down the stairs, Jihyun grabbed a tablet from the podium by the front.

"This," she said, holding up the tablet, "is what controls the combat area. I think it's better if I just show you what this can do."

She starts pressing buttons on the tablet. The platform in the center raises and lowers and then the elastic barriers disappear, more mats sliding out and connecting, making one giant combat mat. With a few more taps, different sections of the mat begin rising up, some making platforms and some lifting to make walls. She taps a few more times and everything slides away, leaving the normal mat.

"So as you can see, you can practice just about anything in here." Jeno nods his head to her in awe.

"This is amazing. Is this how you guys train?"

"Oh no," she scoffs out, "this doesn't even compare to what we have set up at our headquarters. NCT even has its own training center here at the school, but it's much more impressive than this." Jeno gasps in disbelief.

"I had Ten and Kun make this one for me. It's smaller but still more than enough for one person. Up until now, I used it as a personal training area since I'm one of the few people with access to it, but I had it designed to be used for any aces I decided to take on." She smiles at him.

"If you thought training with me before was hard, this is a different beast." He visibly gulps at her words.

"I'm not trying to scare you, but it's only fair for me to tell you what's coming and give you a chance to back out. You were ranked #1 in combat, but to make it into NCT, you're going to need to be that good in basically everything. I'm looking at you as a potential contact fighter, meaning you'd be physically going on missions." He nods his head enthusiastically.

"This means that you'd need to be highly skilled in archery, shooting, knife throwing, and ground combat. To make it into NCT, your ground combat skills must improve. You're only about halfway there, and your abilities in the other three areas must be just as good." He widens his eyes in understanding.

"I will train you as if you were going to join NCT, because you very well might be after all of this. You need to be ready. You will train you the same way we, NCT that is, train until you match our ability level. Do you think you can handle it? There is nothing wrong with saying no, but if you agree, there is no backing out." She says carefully, emphasizing the weight of his decision.