XII

Back to the start

It was clear that the dynamic between Aaron and Luna had changed quite a bit

It was clear that the dynamic between Aaron and Luna had changed quite a bit. Since her awful realization about her feelings, there was no other thing she could think of other than dating him for real.

And the more she analyzed the situation, the more she hated being in love with him.

A relationship with Aaron had only one outcome: a heartbreak.

The reason number one being the fact that he's a very needed human being and that she is the clingiest persona when it comes to relationships.

She was aware that his main priority was his job, and she didn't want to be that type of girlfriend who made the guy choose between work or a stable relationship. She's had that happen to herself, and she chose work in a heartbeat.

But as their friendship got closer to the serious relationship side, with the random kisses and the cute names, there was only confusion in her head, not knowing what she truly wanted. She did know she wanted to keep Aaron in her life, forever if it was possible, but how would she manage to keep Aaron Hotchner in her life without falling for him every day.

She didn't want to give up the sex, even when that's what made her fall for him in the first place. Luna had the hardest time controlling her feelings while he was deep inside her body and mind, her rational thoughts always disappeared as soon as she saw his face and was unable to think straight.

And somehow she knew that no matter what she decided to do, they would end up growing apart.

A whole month passed and even when they acted like a couple every time they met, neither dared to mention any of it.

Aaron was scared if he said something about how he truly felt about her he would scare her away. And it's that since she said that natural 'love you' to him, he couldn't stop thinking about it. He was aware she cared about him, probably more than a friend, or that's what he hoped, and although from the beginning their relationship and communication had been so easy, the fact that he couldn't bring himself to talk about it made him insecure.

If he used his profiler skills, he'd know that Luna was hard to get to know and most of the time she had trouble expressing how she felt to other people. The first one was never an issue with Aaron, Luna opened up to him from the very beginning about her personal life, but it was one thing telling him about her problematic sister, and another completely different thing was talking about her feelings to the guy that had her head over heels, in her head that was a horrible idea.

The only person she'd willingly admit her feelings to was her girl best friend. Their classic cloud gazing dates were the perfect time to speak about their feelings and Riley was the living version of her journal she kept on her nightstand, wishing that sometimes she would simply look up at the sky quiet and keep her mouth shut.