15 || Endeavor Or Flaming Garbage?

Start from the beginning

     The man's eyes were crazed and he laughed as if he had the entire world to laugh at. Midoriya felt chills run down his spine. This man seemed dangerous.

     "Elliot! Please stop!"

     Izuku looked over and notices a civilian that hadn't run like the rest. Tears streamed down her face and her eyes were flickering between the man and the boy, who was out of reach of everyone.

     The woman gripped her sleeves and fell to her knees.

     So his name is Elliot. 

     "This isn't like you!" Her voice was weak and if she hadn't been trying to yell at him, Midoriya was sure he wouldn't have heard it, "Please just calm down! He doesn't even know what he did!"

     Valor looked around the street and tried to piece together what he knew. 

     Elliot must be the name of the man. He'd lost it, for sure. Over something 'he' did. By the way he he was standing, he was stopping the kid from being brought to safety on purpose, so the kid must have done something. The kid looks about the age of five, maybe he just got his quirk and had an accident.

     That would make sense. When people first get their quirks, quirk accidents are extremely common, unfortunately.

     Right now, Midoriya was trying to figure out the best way to take out the man without endangering the little boy.

     He moved over to the woman, she knew more about this than he did, and he could use that knowledge. Keeping part of his attention on the side-view of Elliot, he tapped her shoulder.

     The woman jumped at his touch and whipped around. She didn't seem to recognize him, "A-are you a hero?" She sniffled, constantly looking back to Elliot and the boy, "Listen, I'm not leaving- I can't- leave him- I just-"

     "I'm not going to drag you away, okay, calm down." His voice was soft. This poor woman didn't deserve him raising his voice. She seemed thrown off by his distorted voice but nodded, looking back to Elliot as she spoke.

     "He's gone, Elliot's- Elliot is the man- there- Elliot's grandfather, and- hicc- it was James' quirk- it's not a dangerous one, it's- James' quirk- it's to create shields- but- but- he used it- and it created one ac- hicc- across the house and it cut through Elliot's grandpa- hicc- and- and-" Her speech was stuttered and everywhere as she tried to stifle her sobs.

     Izuku shushed her and rubbed her back, still looking at Elliot and James. That sounded brutal, even for a quirk accident.

     He walked foreword and decided trying to talk the man down was the safer option for the kid. After all, he didn't know Elliot's quirk and he wasn't sure if he asked the woman she'd respond in understandable words.

     "Elliot!" He called, glancing at James, who sat in the corner with his hands over his head, similar to an American tornado drill position. The man's eyes snapped to him and he stopped his crazed laugh.

     "What- who are you- ya punk?" He snarled, moving foreword. The man was intimidatingly tall and buff, maybe that was his quirk. Still, Izuku couldn't be sure. He knew that being seen as a threat to someone with some form of hostage was one of the stupidest things you could do.

     Izuku tried to stall a bit for time, "Listen, why don't you tell me why you're mad right now?" He asked, loudly, but in his kindest voice he had for someone currently talking through a distortion voice changer.

     Elliot growled, "This fucking-"

     "Language" Midoriya muttered under his breath out of habit, not loud enough for Elliot to overhear.