20 || Stalker Material

"Deku."

     Izuku felt his stomach drop. He'd thought he'd done a rather good job of avoiding Kacchan, wasn't that what he wanted? Bakugou had always thought of him as a problem, and now his problem was gone. So why was he here?

     "Kacchan?" Izuku asked. Midoriya could see out of the corner of his eye how confused his classmates were. Togeike seemed to recognize Bakugou, probably from the hall. 

     While Izuku couldn't see Mei, he could tell she was not giving off happy energy.

     Bakugou glared at Izuku, not anything he wasn't used to, but it seemed to set off his friends, "Why did you do it."

     What? What did I do this time?

     "Do what?"

     "Don't play stupid, you damn Deku! You were so damn convinced with being a hero, then you don't even apply for the heroics class! Do you think you're too good for it, huh!?"

     Izuku couldn't believe it. He'd always thought Bakugou had an odd thought process, but this all seemed to come out of nowhere. How did he get the idea that Midoriya thought he was 'too good' for anything?

     Midoriya began to realize how many eyes were on them. Bakugou either didn't realize or didn't care, but half of the cafeteria was staring at them. Izuku didn't have stage fright, he didn't think, but it made him nervous.

     "No! I just-"

     "Don't make excuses, damn Deku!"

     "Let him speak, idiot." Togeike said, glaring at Bakugou. Izuku urged her with his eyes not to say anything like that to Bakugou, but she didn't acknowledge him. Kacchan audibly growled.

     "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, PIGTAILS?" He yelled, moving as if he were about to use his quirk. 

     "Better than you, probably." Shinsou muttered, snickering. 

     Why are they sticking up for me? No, they probably just don't like his vibes. Honestly same.

     Before Bakugou could even start yelling again, the person behind him with red hair stepped up and put a hand on Kacchan's shoulder.

     "Hey man, maybe we should go sit with Kaminari and Mina." He said, and the black haired one behind them nodded. Bakugou hit his hand off of him, "Back off, shitty hair!"

     "Oh, jeez." The newest voice was familiar but cold. It was Mei, but she seemed unusually distant, angry even. Izuku had never heard her speak in such a tone. Even though he'd fought criminals daily, he found a shiver went down his spine as he heard it.

     Bakugou snapped his gaze to her, but she went on, "Earlier you stopped him when all he was doing was trying to go to class, and now this."

     It seemed like the atmosphere had changed. Like a single move could break everything. All people within hearing distance didn't have their eyes on Izuku and Bakugou anymore, but on Mei. 

     "I've heard a few stories about you. Even in his nicest memories of you, it sounds like all you ever did was tear him down. You were obsessed with it, weren't you?"

     Izuku was terribly confused. That wasn't true, was it? Midoriya never said anything like that to her. How had she gotten that idea.

     "Sounds like stalker material to me." Mei said, and she turned to her food, grabbing a bite as if nothing had happened. Togeike let out a delayed laughed across from them and Shinsou just pretended as if he hadn't heard anything.

     Izuku would've laughed if he wasn't so confused. 

     Bakugou started to let out a loud string of curse words, aimed at all four of the teens at the table, as the two people behind him did their best to drag him away.

     Teachers came over, all of which (but one) Izuku recognized as pro heroes he'd memorized for Vigilante routes. The one that wasn't on his watch-out list had black hair, and he looked as if he'd pass out at any moment. Midoriya made sure to make a mental note that he looked familiar and to look him up later.

     Shaking his head and doing his best to ignore Bakugou's fading screams, he turned to the lunch group.

     Mei was bouncing out of her seat again, and the only one looking at him was Togeike.

     "So, what's up with that kid?" She asked, taking a bite of her food. Midoriya groaned, burying his face in his hands. Mei plopped down into the seat beside him leaning back in her chair.

     "That was Bakugou, Izu's known him all his life." Mei answered for him. Midoriya peeked out behind his fingers, shooting a look at all three of them, "Why did you do that? Now he's going to be mad at you for eternity as well." 

     Mei shrugged, "Is there anyone he isn't eternally angry at?" Mei got out of her seat again and stood behind it, "Plus, I'm your best friend. I'd be a asshole of a friend if I didn't stand up for you." Togeike nodded and Shinsou smiled a little. Despite not knowing Shinsou or Togeike for very long- Izuku felt accepted. It was nice having friends. Especially ones like Mei. 

     Izuku stayed silent for a moment and smiled, "Well, Mei..."

     "Language."

     School ended and Izuku, Togeike, and Shinsou walked out to the gates, where Mei waited for them as she bounced on her heels. Izuku had texted Mei and told her that Togeike and Shinsou would also be walking with them for a bit and warned her not to say anything about that night's official come-back patrol for Valor.

     Mei bounded over to them with her usual bright smile. Izuku gave her a side-hug, "Did you do well in school today, child o' mine?" He asked. Mei giggled, "I exploded a little bit of the lab but I made a cool levitation device. It's got some kinks I need to work out, but other than the exploding upon use part, it's perfect!"

     Togeike and Shinsou looked at her odd, "You exploded a little bit of the lab? Wow, you- uh- what do you mean it 'explodes upon use'?" Shinsou asked incredulously.

     "Yep!" Mei said, not really answering the question. Midoriya laughed, "You get used to it." He advised, moving away to catch up to Mei, who was skipping ahead of them on the sidewalk.

{1088 Words}

I would uh, like to apologize? i havent updated in so long so if youre still looking for updates i swear I'm working on it lol. there might be an internet chapter soon because those are easier to do, but imma try and get back on this lol