16

Arcade - Duncan Laurence

Glancing over your shoulder, you caught Kazuko slowly drifting off in his car seat

Glancing over your shoulder, you caught Kazuko slowly drifting off in his car seat. His head bobbed several times before he finally settles and he's out like a light.  You were happy at the moment being together with your family after a long time since you moved into the height alliance. Looking up front, you leaned back in your seat and gazed out the window unaware of your father's overwhelming sense of worry and rage. You didn't catch on until the car suddenly comes to a halt a few minutes away from the dormitory. Confused by the stop, you slowly turn your head meeting Aizawa's dreaded look. The man is dead silent once he turns the radio volume all the way down which flooded your brain with questions. 

"Dad...Is something wrong?" You asked, grabbing onto Aizawa's shoulder.

Your eyes followed your dads travelling down to your hand and bandaged knees. He sighed resting his head on the steering wheel which he gripped really hard not caring if his knuckles turned white. Bits of his untamed hair stood on its own due to the activation of his quirk and his teeth grinding against each other. His pent up feelings of murderous intent could burst out at any second.

"Why didn't you tell me it was Kouichi who raped you?" He finally spoke out of nowhere making you jump out of fright. Your dad's voice sent a chill down your spine so much that it scared you. It upsets him that the fact he met Kouichi before when you were both little. The boy was two years older than you, Aizawa learnt that when you invited him to Kouichi's birthday party since your mom didn't wanna go with you. You were five at the time and couldn't fathom your parent's divorce.

"I-i...I didn't...I don't know-" You felt your tears returning for another round. 

"That little bastard is gonna get what's coming to him. Trust me when I say he's a dead man walking." Aizawa threatened, grabbing onto the gearshift. "And from now on, you're not allowed to leave the dorms by yourself!" 

"Dad-"

"No!" Aizawa cuts you off abruptly. His head snaps up revealing his red eyes flaring up like a match. You froze sitting up straight and you didn't look away no matter how scary he looked. Aizawa lifts a finger. "The last time I wasn't there to protect you I had to watch you wether in pain for so long never again! Kouichi came close to doing it all over again and now I have to take matters into my own hands!"

Your lip quivered as he was about to continue instead he pulls you in as far as your seatbelt can allow you. He wraps his arms around you for a tight embrace. "He'll never hurt you or Kazuko ever again. I don't care about my reputation y/n. You're my daughter and you're more important to me than anything,"

"Dad..." You cried out, breaking down on his shoulder. Your hands wrapped around him clinging onto whatever your fingers could grab. Your screams are muffled by Aizawa holding you against him as he rubbed your back.

"Hey it's okay I got you, honey. Sorry for yelling," Your old man assures you pressing a kiss on top of your head. He pulls your face away so he could wipe away your tears. He leans in pressing another kiss on your forehead. "I love you...both of you," 

You leaned into his touch sneaking a little peep at your son still sound asleep in his seat. You fall back into Aizawa's chest. "I love you too dad. I'm sorry for not telling you," 

"Don't apologize," Feeling Aizawa part from the hug, he combs your hair out of your face but frowns. "But I need you to promise me that you'll have someone with you whenever you leave the dorms. I can't risk you getting attacked again like today," 

Nuzzling your face in your father's hands, you couldn't help but agree to his terms. "I promise dad," 

"Good girl,(i wish he said that to me :( )" Aizawa smiles. You returned a smile of your own, earning another tight embrace. You could feel your father's unconditional love with how his hold kept you warm and protected. It made you question your parent's differences. Your dad pushed himself to keep you from feeling like a mistake. But with love comes pain as most people would say. 

In truth, your dad never intended on getting together with your mother. Fueled by teenage hormones, they hooked up, and your mother got pregnant. The situation worsened because your dad was sixteen, and your mother was seventeen at the time. Your grandparents on both sides resorted to marriage after your parents graduated high school. That way, you were taken care of after you were born. Of course, it didn't work out in the end.

Their romance was short-lived and the divorce came fairly quickly. When the custody of you was split between the two, your mother went through substance abuse and your father became a hero. 

"You know what-" Patting the top of your head, Aizawa moves back into the driver's seat. "Let's go get some ice cream for the dorm?" 

"Ice cream?" You craned your head to the side and nod your head. "Can I pick the flavour?"

"As long as you eat your dinner first. Don't want to repeat what you did the last time we got ice cream," Aizawa scolds recall, causing your lips to form a pout. 

"That was not my fault. I blame my pregnancy for making me all emotional and stuff," You argued, crossing your arms over your chest. Aizawa shook his head side to side before he starts up the engine. For the rest of the ride, you and your dad spent the rest of the car talking amongst yourselves. It was nice up until you both stopped by a store to purchase not one, but two tubs of ice cream. You both agreed to choose one flavour each and you bought yoghurt for Kazuko.   

*yawns* this book is almost at 700k reads wth :0