14

The Beach - The Neighbourhood

A quick announcement before you guys continue on with this chapter please don't promote your books in the comments! If you want to recommend your books please do it someplace else

A quick announcement before you guys continue on with this chapter please don't promote your books in the comments! If you want to recommend your books please do it someplace else. Tik tok is a great place to start and can help you gain an audience! So please don't promote your work here. Thank you for listening!

"You're inviting me to a party...on a school night?" You asked Kouichi, dropping your textbook in your lap. Your childhood friend Kouichi found you studying at a children's playground. He sat down on the empty spot next to you while you were reading from a textbook and noted everything in your notebook sitting on the table. A dream of yours was to work in the medical field after you finish high school. It's important for you to know basic anatomy and how the body can heal on its own while you trained your quirk.

"Why not, parties are fun when it's on a school night, right?" The black haired boy grinned nudging your shoulder with his own. You fought off a giggle while your heart skipped a beat. You turned back to your notebook writing down the rest of your notes.

"I'm only fifteen, Kouichi. I can't go to a party where I know nobody there." You protested with a chortle. Turning a page in your medical book, you stumbled on spinal cord anatomy and start highlighting the paragraphs.

"Because you're my best friend, Y/n and you're sixteen in a few weeks so what's the issue? Have a little fun!" Kouichi argued, laughing off your complaints.

You shook your head, erasing away a mistake on your paper. "I can't Kouichi. You know I have to study for Iyasu or else I'm stuck in Musutafu with you,"

"that nursing school in Kyoto-you know you're gonna fail the entrance exam y/n,"

Offended by the claim, you slapped him on the shoulder puffing your cheeks and pouting. You crossed your arms dropping your pencil into your notebook. Then Kouichi laughs pleading for forgiveness while you ignored him, you obviously forgave him and continued studying until it was time to go home. More studying awaited you at home as it gave you enough privacy away from your mother and stepfather. Ocainsonally, you hear the faint sound of arguing downstairs. You know it's your mother and for some unknown reason, she'd bring up your name as you text your father. Looking over your shoulder, you hear your mother calling out to you.