When Jisoo returns to the living room, Rosé is waiting for her. She can hear the others playing a drinking game in the kitchen, but the expression on Rosé's face tells Jisoo she won't be joining them anytime soon. She sighs and crosses the room to sit by her roommate on their sofa.

"Hey."

"What are your intentions with my cousin?"

Jisoo's eyes widen. Apparently they're just going to get straight to the point. "Rosie, I swear to you, we're just friends."

"Oh, really? You guys looked pretty cozy on the couch tonight. And did you really have to go tuck her in? Did you get your goodnight kiss, too?"

"What is your problem?" Jisoo's cheeks flush with the anger flowing through her veins. "Yeah, we've bonded over our common LGBTness, but nothing's happened between us beyond that."

Rosé deflates a little and has the decency to look ashamed. "I'm sorry. You have to understand that I'm just trying to protect her. She's gone through a lot in the past few years and I just think she needs to focus on herself for a while."

"I understand, but she's a big girl. Don't you think she can decide what she wants herself?"

"Jisoo, her last relationship completely destroyed her. She was ready to ask her girlfriend to move in with her when that bitch decided she was done with women and broke up with Jennie to get back together with her ex-boyfriend. After she had been with Jennie for almost two years. It's been over a year now, but she's never been quite the same. She was always a little aloof, thanks to her dad, but never so closed off."

Jisoo nods slowly. "I dated a straight girl once, too. Remember? And look how that worked out. I think it's a rite of passage"

"Bona was a dumpster slut, Jisoo. She never deserved you." Jisoo laughs at the name calling and Rosé joins in, finally losing the protective mother hen expression. "I'm glad you're friends with her, Jisoo, I really am. Just please be careful. I'm not afraid to cut you."

"I know you're not." Jisoo sighs and leans in to hug her friend.

-

Jisoo waves goodbye to Mr. Kwon, the head librarian, before exiting the building and stepping straight into a deluge. The rain is literally coming down in buckets and the only thing Jisoo has to protect herself is a thin BlackPink sweatshirt. She can feel the moisture leaking through her layers and wetting her skin by the time she makes it to her car. She shivers in her seat and turns up the heater as high as it will go before fishing out her phone from her jeans where it somehow escaped being soaked.

Jisoo frowns when she notices she has three texts and a missed call from Jennie. She remembers feeling her phone vibrating in her pocket, but out of respect for Mr. Kwon and because she'd rather not lose her job for breaking the man's strict no cell phone policy, she'd ignored it. Feeling worry seep into her chest, she opens the texts and is relieved when she sees Jennie was only wanting to know if Jisoo would pick her up from practice. She'd walked the short distance to the track and hadn't expected the downpour. Jisoo scrolls through her contacts until she finds the name she's looking for. Jennie picks up on the second ring.

"Jisoo?"

"Yeah. Sorry I missed your call. Are you still at the track?" Jisoo can hear talking in the background but not the sound of the biblical flood that is coming down around her car.

"No. Practice got moved to the rec, thank god. Do you mind coming to get me? I'd really rather not walk home in this crap."

"I don't mind. I'd really rather you not catch a cold or ebola or something."