T E N

my ferret🤍
11:30 pm

dragonnn

yes darling

what are you doing

right now?

no, yesterday
yes now dumbass

chillll
i'm reading in the
common room why

even better i'm coming

be careful don't get caught
by filch
are you okay tho?

yeah ofc🤍
also draco?

yeah?

don't tell me to chill
or i'll hex u  to no end
next time

yes ma'am
seen

***
She quickly got out of bed and ran down her common room steps. She skillfully made her way to the Slytherin common room before sending Draco a text to let her in.

Draco opened the door and looked down to see the gorgeous brunette standing there. She had her hair in a messy bun, no makeup, her glasses and some christmas pj shorts on. She wore her slippers and some fuzzy socks and a simple sweatshirt which he recognized as his. He didn't understand how she wasn't cold as the dungeons were freezing.

He stepped aside letting her in and she walked over to the couch. He sat next to her still holding the book he was reading."Are you sure you're okay?"

She hesitated before repeating her answer from before, "yeah of course." She sent him a small smile hoping to fool him, but he knew her too well. He saw right through her lies.

"I know you're not scarlett," he looked down to see her pleading him with her eyes to not push it, "but I won't push you. I'm here for when you want to talk." She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and thanked the boy.

"What do you want to do?" He asked the exhausted looking girl. He could tell she was upset and it was making his heart hurt.

"Read to me?" she whispered.

"What?" He was confused.

She laughed before nodding to the book he was once reading, How to Kill a Mocking Bird.

"Read to me?"

It was one of her favorite books if not her favorite. He knew this. He read all her favorite books, even the muggle written ones. It went against everything he knew but it was for her, and he learned to love the things she did.

He nodded and pulled her into his lap. He sat with his back against the side of the couch with his legs up and the girl in between them. He pulled the blanket down on top of the two of them before opening the book, "When he was nearly thirteen my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow."

She closed her eyes and snuggled into his chest listening to the sweet boys voice forgetting all about the nightmare that woke her less than an hour ago.

"When it healed, and Jem's fears of never being able to play football were assuaged, he was seldom self-conscious about his injury."

Slowly she feel into a deep sleep. He got through a chapter before realizing she fell asleep. He took his phone out and took a picture of the beautiful girl sleeping below. Draco put the book down and took her glasses off her face before he too closed his eyes, deciding it was better to get a stiff neck than wake her.

Darkness then too took over him.

***
The next morning Blaise realized his dumbass mate never returned to their dorm. He didn't think much of it as it was Saturday and their was no classes or practice. He slowly made it down the stairs only to come face to face with his dumbass mate and his other dumbass best friend sleeping together on the couch.

He laughed quietly not wanting to wake them and took a picture ready to blackmail them in the group chat. It was around 10:30, so he knew everyone was awake. That meant he'd get immediate responses from the group chat.

***
hi this is my fave chapter so far!!
i hope you all enjoyed! thank you for reading!!
remember to comment and vote if you enjoyed