Banishment

As the illegitimate child of Duke Goldheart, Zachariah had never been the type of child everyone was fond of. His gold-digger mother had jumped at a chance to be the mistress of the wealthy Duke, and yet her efforts were all wasted when she'd died in a "mysterious" accident, no doubt a ploy by the cunning Duchess. He'd been taken in by the Duke and engaged to the Crown Prince the same year, on his 10th birthday. And here he was, not even 3 years later, framed and banished by an outsider who'd slithered her way into the higher class's social circles by putting on her act as a pure, innocent white lotus. His only chance at surviving before the Crown Prince-yes, she'd seduced his fiance too-sent guards after him, was to immigrate to the Nightstar Kingdom, where blue-haired people were common, hence the name, and he wouldn't be discriminated against for being the only person with a different hair color than red, orange, or yellow. He could support himself just fine, as even the maids of the estate didn't care to take care of him, and he'd had to earn his own pay. It was fine now, though, as he was already on the ship there. Stop getting nervous, he scolded himself, nothing's gonna be different. You'll look out for yourself, same as always, get a steady full-time job, and settle down. He felt the slight bobbles of the ship and listened to the soothing sound of the waves that seemed to lull him to sleep.                                                                                                                                 

"Oi, mate! It's supper time, come on," came a voice from the front of the ship.                    

 "I'm coming," he mumbled, his voice muffled by the blanket covering him.                                                                                                                                                             Supper was rotisserie chicken with orange juice, and it was delicious. Zach had never dreamed this was how homemade food was supposed to taste. After a civil conversation at the table, all the passengers retired to their respective beds for the night. Zach probably stayed up the longest, wondering how his new life at Nightstar was going to be.                                                                                                                                                       -----------------------------------------------------------                                                             Hello. I am the author, but you can just call me......Author. I'm just here to give you a reference. The picture above is how Zachariah looks like. P.S: Imma just call him Zach. Anyway, the chapter after this is just gonna show you how the rest of the characters look like. I'll be working on it directly after this one, so don't worry. I'll also try to update every day, and sorry if I can't keep up the schedule. I'll let you know if that happens. Adios!