2| no doctor could help when i'm lovesick

"i don't know what to do doctor kim!" jennie said shrilly. "i love him, but i don't know if it's time for a change! do you think it's time for a change? i feel like it's time for a change!"

"have you considered breaking up with him?" the therapist asked monotonously. she was used to this exact scene every other day.

"but i love him!"

"are you sure?"

"yes!"

"let's see now," the therapist (or was it the nurse) mused as her eyes scanned the list clipped to the clipboard she held up. "so, he cheated on you, stole your money, gaslighted, manipulated you and deceived you on several counts. if that's love, i'll eat my pen."

"i know he isn't perfect okay, stop attacking him!"

"you only stay with with him because you don't know any better. you accept that love because you think you deserve it. consider that there are already people in front of you ready to give you the love you want and need. you just have to open your eyes and accept it, you stubborn bitch."

"he will do," jennie said resolutely. she waved the yellow therapy teddy at the therapist in front of her sitting on her boring therapist couch in the white therapist room. "oh what's that? one-eyed larry says you're trying to guilt-trip me, doc. and one-eyed larry never lies."

"jennie, your mental state only continues to decline in his presence, do you really think—"

"i have a question for you, doc," jennie interrupted, "and chop chop, be quick about this. daddy or the servants can't see me sneaking out. what would you do if you were in my place?"

"cancel the date," the therapist said promptly, her feline eyes glittering wickedly.

"i can't blow off the date like that, come on, don't be mean. i haven't had sex in so long, probably the last i will ever have in fact. and he might buy me something new from chanel. now be serious about this," jennie demanded. "i mean, long term wise regarding this relationship, what would you do in my place? you have ten seconds to think of the right answer."

the therapist smirked at jennie. "well, if i were you, i would just get rid of him. permanently. start over. it's not like you find it too hard to pick someone new, right? but do it after you get the present. and maybe after the sex too."

she tossed her head smugly, knowing she had guessed right. "checkmate."

jennie's face cleared, her mouth pulling back into an identical smirk. she was pleased with the therapist's answer.

"why doctor kim, you read my mind."

and she laughed and laughed as her mirror image sitting before her faded away like a grotesque melting wax figure.