Proud

Plot: Tommy tries to make Philza proud but no matter how hard he tries his effort goes unnoticed.

P.O.V Tommy's

I heard my alarm clock blare from my nightstand next to my bed making me realize I have been up all night studying again. I groan tiredly and rub my face. I stood up from my desk and walked over and turned it off getting dressed to head downstairs.

"Good morning Tommy." Philza greeted. "Morning..." I mumbled I sat down at the table and saw him walk upstairs to get my two older brothers. The eldest is Wilbur, Techno is the middle child, and I am the youngest of the three of us. Both Wilbur and Techno get way more attention than I do which I wouldn't have a problem with, if I didn't try to make Phil proud.

I want to make him proud. That's why I study so hard. That's why I have stopped streaming as much. I want to focus on making the person I see as a father figure proud. But, when I try and tell or show him I either get pushed away or interrupted.

The three of them walked downstairs and Wilbur put his arm around my shoulder. "Morning Tommy!" Wilbur greeted. I pushed his arm of my shoulder "Morning." I grumbled. Phil handed each of us a plate then sat down with us.

I finished my breakfast and went to wash it before putting it away then went and got ready for school. "Aren't you gonna wait?" Wilbur asked. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs. "I have school to go to." I state before walking back up the stairs grabbing my bag and all my books.

I made sure I had everything then went downstairs and headed to school after saying goodbye.

============

"So, you stayed up all night again?" Tubbo asked, walking next to me in the hallway, "Mhm..." I hummed tiredly. "Tommy, I think you should talk to them. You stay up all night studying for something that you are already amazing at just to make Phil proud. I'm sure he is already proud of you." Tubbo stated. "It surely doesn't feel like it." I said looking over at him.

"I'm serious Tommy, talk to them." "So am I." I said. He gently sighed before following me into the class.

The teacher laid the test on our desk. "You have until the end of class. Please remain silent. You may begin." he spoke before returning to his own desk to take attendance and paperwork. Half way through the test I had fallen asleep and ended up sleeping through the rest of class.

"Tommy." Tubbo said, shaking me awake. "Huh?" I asked sitting up. "You slept through class." Tubbo said, giving me a worried expression. "Fuck..." I mumbled quietly. I stood up handing the teacher my test and he as well gave me a look of worry before dismissing me.

===========

A few days went by before we retrieved the results of the test and I absolutely blew it. "Tommy you need to sleep. When has been the last time you have actually slept?" Tubbo asked. "A week ago." I mumbled as I was walking next to him.

"Tommy!" Tubbo yelled. I look over at him then sigh. Before heading home.

I walked through the door and quietly closed it. I was about to head upstairs when I heard Phil "Tommy can we talk?" he asked.

I turned to him before slowly nodding and headed over to the table and sat down across from him sitting between Wilbur and Techno. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Yeah, why?" I lied. "You have been acting strange lately and I just want to check in on you. I've been getting emails from your teachers saying your grades were dropping and I wanted to know what was going on." he said.

"Oh no you noticed." I mumbled. "What?" he asked. Wilbur and Techno looked between me and Phil. I suddenly stood up and went upstairs and slammed my bedroom door.

P.O.V Philza's

We heard the door slam and we flinched at the sound. "Why is he acting like this?" Wilbur asked. "I don't know but it is surely strange." Techno said in his usual monotone voice. "I'll go talk to him." Wilbur said. "No let him calm down first." I said.

==========

Techno had finished cooking dinner and I had gone upstairs to get Tommy. I had knocked on the door and heard a small sniffle. That immediately set an alarm off in my head. I gently walked inside not to alarm Tommy and saw him at his desk crying...

"Tommy?" I asked gently, laying a hand on his shoulder. "Phil?!" he said quickly wiping his tears away. "What do you need?" he asked.

"Tommy please talk to me if there is something wrong and I want to know what it is." I said. He looked down and handed me a few pieces of papers. They were tests that he has taken with solid scores. "I just want to make you proud. So when I tried to show you these I would either get pushed away or interrupted. So I have been staying up to study harder. But, I keep falling asleep, that's why my grades have been slipping." he confessed.

I immediately felt a load of guilt fall on my shoulders. "Tommy I am so sorry." I said hugging the young boy. I felt the younger boy hug me and slowly calm down until it was just his sniffles.

"Another thing Tommy. I'm already proud of you. You don't need to prove that to me. So, how about we go and eat dinner and then you get some rest." I said gently petting the top of his head. He slowly nodded, wiping away the remainder of his tears.