Prologue

Phil watched as the life faded from his son's eyes. His once bright brown irises filled with ambition gone. Like a switch had turned it off.

      His body was cold and empty, no longer moving and jumping around. Holding a guitar plucking a tune nor lifting a lantern into the sky.

      He pulled out the enchanted sword, wincing at the blood that splattered out. No tears streamed down his face. Not a single drop.

       Phil stood up, bloodied sword in hand. He carefully wiped the blood off. Shifting the handle in his grip. He sighed, staring at Will's body. A small pained laugh escaped his lips,
       "You couldn't just win, could you?" Voice falling to deaf ears, what was the point of talking to someone who's dead?

         "Techno! Please don't!!" Phil snapped his head to the front of the control room. Rock wall still holding up as strong as ever. Muffled voices could be heard from the other side. Loud and clear enough for him to hear.
        "If you wanna be a hero, Tommy. THEN DIE LIKE ONE!" That voice, Phil recognized to be Techno. A large boom rumbled as the groaning and bangs of a wither roamed around. Phil gasped, realizing that he just summoned one. Maybe even two.

       He ran to the exit, but his feet stopped him. Hand gripping the wall tightly. Phil looked back to his sons body, frowning. He gritted his teeth and turned away, running out of the room. Not daring to look back.

      "Wilburs dead!" Tommy cried, dragging the limp body of his son. Phil grimaced, Technos eyes widening and Tubbo racing forward. Niki's hands shot to her mouth, tears forming in her eyes.
       "No..." She whispered, looking away. Phil stared at Wilbur emptied eyes. He already knew. Since he was the one who took his life. Guilt seemed to wash over him, but his mouth didn't open to claim the action of murder.

       "Who did this?! Huh?? Who!?" Tommy shouted, brows furrowed as his eyes watered. Phil looked away, hands instinctively brushing the feathers of his wings. He softly tugged a feather, before looking back at Tommy. He can't tell him.

      What would the boy think? He would be heart broken to find out his own father murdered his brother in cold blood. Didn't even shed a tear in his name. What is wrong with him?? Why didn't he cry? Why didn't he weep and collapse to his knees and call Wilbur's name in pain? What.... Kind of father is he?

       So, Phil stayed silent. Watching the people around him weep. before walking forwards and wrapping his wings around them. Not a single tear falling to the grass.