"What do you mean?" She asked, caught off guard once again.

"I mean over the summer we all knew you as you know, one of the guys with your tomboy attitude. Now whenever I see you in school, it's like you do a complete one-eighty with those plaid pants and long sleeve shirts of yours. Even now you're in a pair of leggings and a hoodie, which you never wear except to hang out with the guys." He explained to her, getting her to laugh.

"Not everyone has to look like a hillbilly in this school." She joked with him, taking a dig at his redneck attitude. "I guess I like a change of pace. I may be a soccer brute to you guys but deep down I just want to find a nice, quiet spot and read and write for days." She told him.

"You know, after this is all over tomorrow, we're gonna have a shit ton of fun. We're gonna go mudding in the truck, horseback riding, dirt-track racing, huge bonfires. You're gonna get a real taste of living in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere." He answered with a laugh as he parked his truck in the stadium parking lot. She just laughed at him.

"Nash, like you said, I'm a tomboy. You really think I haven't done some of that shit?" She asked as she grabbed her bags from the backseat.

"Then you haven't seen how we do it. It'll be fun, don't worry." He said as they walked over to the bus awaiting them, and she just laughed again, nodding along as they got on.

--

There was a knock on her door around eight that evening, which had not been long after they arrived at the hotel. They had gotten dinner on the way down, so they were free to the hotel until lights out at eleven. Their game was not until one P.M. the following day, so they were able to hang around later than their time in Lansing. She opened the door to find Nash, George, Nick, and Ryan all standing in the hallway in their swimsuits, and she already knew what they were going to ask.

"I'll be ready in five if y'all wanna wait." She told them, leaving her hotel room door open as she went back into her room, and the four of them went ahead and waited for her while she changed in the bathroom. She put on the two piece swimsuit and pulled a shirt and shorts on over and came out of the bathroom, ready to go.

"Damn that was quick." Ryan commented as she grabbed her phone and room key, ready to head down.

"Well let's go!" George exclaimed with excitement in his voice, and they all left her room to head down the hall towards the pool. It was not a large hotel, and they were on the first floor, which gave them easy access to the pool and to the breakfast buffet that was waiting for them in the morning. They wasted no time when they got to the pool, all of them setting their stuff down and taking off what they were wearing over their swimsuits, and jumped in. They all talked about their big game tomorrow and their opponent, one that they met at the season kick-off tournament - Samantha's old high school and their sexist coach and players.

They were not in the pool too late, for they were all tired after a long day or school and traveling, and they were back in their hotel rooms by ten. She had stripped off her bathing suit as soon as she stepped foot into her bathroom then got into the shower so she could get rid of the smell of chlorine that felt as if it were just a thin film over her body. It felt nice to shower, and as soon as she was done, she heard knocking on her hotel room door. She groaned and shut off the water, grabbing one of the hotel issued towels that just barely wrapped around her body, and went out of the bathroom.

"What do you want?" She called out with a bit of anger laced in her voice as she swung open the door, finding Nash on the other side. He pushed by her and came into the room anyway, and she threw a hand in the air as if she were invisible. "Yes, please come in while I'm pretty much naked." She said sarcastically as she shut the door behind her. When she turned back around, his eyes were staring into hers, and she felt her breath hitch as his face was only inches away from hers.