quatervois

quatervois (n.) - a crossroads; a critical decision or turning point in ones life

Samantha and Nash spent the next month and a half preparing to move to Seattle permanently. With both of their soccer salaries, more Nash's, they were able to get a nice townhouse just outside of the city. Bandit and Hera were being transported across the country in the weeks to come so they could continue to care for them with the permission from Mr. Carmichael to keep them at his ranch. Although they could pay him the fee for boarding, they decided they would both rather make it out there a few days a week to continue to help him out. They also got a lot of wedding planning done, getting final reservations and save the dates out, their big day being during a break in both of their seasons in mid-June. Both of their families had been invited, as well as their teammates and any other friends they thought of inviting, including their high school teammates they were still close with. She did not have a lot of family to invite, and she had one left, for she was still debating on whether or not her father would be invited.

"I'll see you in Seattle?" Nash asked her, and she nodded.

"I'll see you in Seattle." She confirmed, giving him a kiss before he got out of the car. "I love you, have a safe flight, I'll see you tonight."

"Call me before you're on your flight, let me know how lunch goes." He told her, and she nodded.

"I will. Bye babe." She responded, and he got out of the passenger seat of the rental to head inside. Once he was in the airport, she pulled away from the curb to make the thirty minute drive to Ann Arbor to meet her father at the restaurant they used to spend every Wednesday evening for dinner before they moved. It was a local diner that had some of the best food she had ever had, even after being in Seattle and California for the last five years. She arrived around one in the afternoon, which was when she said she would be meeting him, and sure enough, he was already waiting for her inside at their normal table. He waved at her to get her attention, and she walked over, sitting across from him.

"Hey Sam." He greeted, smiling at her.

"Hey dad, sorry I'm a little late, I had to drop Nash off at the airport." She responded, and he shook his head.

"That's alright, you gotta do what you gotta do." He said as their waitress came over.

"What a sight for sore eyes, how are you two?" She asked them, and Samantha recognized her from their years of coming to the diner.

"We're doing well Agnes, how about yourself?" Her father answered as she filled both of their coffee mugs.

"I'm still here so I'm not doing too bad. Let's see, still want your usuals? I think I remember." Agnes said.

'"That would be great." Samantha responded, her father agreeing.

"Alrighty, I'll get those in right away. Say, I haven't seen you folks in quite a few years, what happened? I thought y'all fell off the face of the earth." She asked before she left.

"I got a job opportunity up in the Thumb, so we moved up there. Jason's living in Lansing with his wife Nicole and their son CJ. Sam headed off to college in California and is now playing with OL Reign in Tacoma, Washington." Clarke answered her briefly, and she smiled at them.

"I'm glad to see you guys back though, don't be strangers." Agnes said, squeezing his shoulder before going to put their order in. Samantha sipped at her coffee, looking around before looking at her father in front of her.

"So, how is Seattle?" He asked her, trying to break the ice.

"It's good, I'm starting with the Reign now, we won the championship last season. I actually just played in my first camp with the US Women's National Team." She responded as she set her coffee back down.