Chapter 2

Back then, if I'd known what I do now, I would've turned around and told that cop that he was full of shit. It would be five years until someone finally adopted me. No one wants a crazy kid who thinks a lightning storm took place in their living room. They also weren't nice people at all, he was wrong about that too. Being in the system sucked but I would rather have stay there than be adopted by Jen and Walter.
     Besides, at least in the foster home i had a friend. I miss Iris. Her mom was a drug addict, CPS was called and they took her away. She's never met her father before. He's not even on her birth certificate. Apparently, her mother left him. She didn't tell him that she was pregnant when she left. Now, Iris can't even try to get ahold of him. She doesn't even know his name.
     Anywhore, at least there I had her, and a few other people that I would deem "friends". Here, everyone thinks I'm a freak. To be fair, they aren't necessarily wrong. I am a freak. There's something wrong with me. I think that maybe, maybe, it may have something to do with me seeing my mom killed as a child and seeing my innocent father get arrested. Maybe... I'm not a shrink, though, so what do I know?
      I just wish people at school wouldn't look at me like I'm a walking STD, just because I like boys. The only people who don't stay at least five feet away from me at all times are the football team, and the only reason why they get close is because you can't exactly beat someone black and blue from a distance.
The bruises from Walter, school and myself blend into each other and I often can't tell where I got which ones. As mush as I hate my bruises, I can't help leaving my own. Sometimes I just get so frustrated that I need to hit something, and the only thing I'm willing to hit is myself. I suppose it beats the biting.
Now, one could argue that all my options are bad. However, stopping just isn't an option. Not now, not while I'm trapped here. A lot of the time I feel like I'm constantly falling, terrified and awaiting my inevitable crash on the hard, unforgiving ground. I can always see the ground as I plummet. It would be another year until my saving grace came. He caught me as I was two feet away from the ground. I was on the brink when he found me- dancing on the edge. Literally.

Hi, loves. I'm so sorry this has taken me so long to update and I'm sorry that it's a lot shorter than I'd like it to be. I'm bad at updating on time, also school recently restarting has been a little hectic 'cause I've been really trying to stay on top of the schoolwork. Anyway- have a great day/night. I hope you like it. byeee~