"I think she feels betrayed," Alya answered not knowing if she should say anything but wanting to make Adrien understand, "she was in tears on the video chat last night. She had gotten tons of hate messages from most of the class. I'm not sure she knows who she can trust anymore. You, me, Juleka and Luka are the only ones who are trying to help her. It must be very lonely for her."

"But that doesn't explain why she seems to be avoiding me." Adrien said as they headed to their classroom, noticing Lila's absence.

"I will try and find out," Alya said clearly as confused as Adrien was. Adrien decided to sit next to Alya, because he was mad at Nino.

Adrien couldn't focus on his lessons at all. All he could think about was Marinette's strange behaviour, and wondering if Lila was going to keep her word, because that would give him the opportunity, in time, to hopefully get to talk to Marinette again. He was poked out of his thoughts, which had repeated in circles and lead him nowhere, by Alya.

"... Adrien, Adrien," Alya said, "the lunch bell has gone." Realising what Alya had said he quickly gathered his things up, stuffed them in his bag and left the classroom with Alya and Juleka. They found Luka waiting for them outside the door and a light conversation started up, that Adrien didn't listen to, as they headed down the stairs to the cafeteria.

"Hey isn't that Marinette coming out of the Principle's office?" Luka suddenly exclaimed pointing to the stated area, causing everyone to look over. It was. This made Luka, Juleka, Alya and Adrien's hearts lighten with some hope. The group rushed over, ignoring an indifferent Lila walk past them, to crowd Marinette.

"What's going on, Mari?" Luka asked first, slightly annoying Adrien.

"Apparently Lila walked into the Principle's office and confessed to framing me for everything." Marinette said in disbelief and confusion, "But I don't know why she did it. But because there was no wrong doing on my part, and a version of the truth has come to light, the school has no reason to expel me, therefore I return to school tomorrow."

"That's great!" Alya exclaimed throwing her arms around Marinette.

"I am..." Marinette began unable to hide her uncertainty, "not so sure. To change her story, to admit she lied, Lila must be getting something out of it." Marinette looked at Adrien, who nervously kicked the floor.

Marinette's parents then joined the group, both wearing huge guilty and relieved expressions.

"I am glad that cleared itself up." Marinette's mother said, hugging her daughter, "I am so proud of you, Marinette, you told the truth. Sorry we didn't believe you honey."

"Its OK mom." Marinette said blushing with embarrassment, waving bye to her friends as her parents ushered her away, both apologising and praising their daughter for doing the right thing.

Marinette had been let off bakery duty after the mornings revelations, so she decided to sit in her room. Tikki was perched on Marinette's computer monitor. She was unsure if she should ask Marinette what she wanted to ask her.

"You have been looking at me like that for two hours, Tikki," Marinette finally spoke up getting fed up with the kawami's silent gaze, "what is it?"

"Well," Tikki began nervously, "you don't look happy with the out come."

"I am happy," Marinette began to explain, "but I am also confused. Lila changing her story doesn't make any sense to me. She'd won. Why take back her victory? I had lost almost everything because of her."

"Maybe she wants to make you suffer more." Tikki suggested, "She seems evil enough for that."

"I would agree with you, Tikki," Marinette stated unconvinced, "but I don't think that is the case. I think it has something to do with Adrien."

"What makes you say that?" Tikki asked unable to contain her curiosity.

"Lila knows that I have a crush on Adrien, and have done from day one," Marinette explained her reasons, "and she particularly didn't like it whenever Adrien helped me and showed me close friendship. Then there was that text from Adrien saying he had fixed things."

"You think Adrien has given Lila something in exchange for letting you back into school?" Tikki asked.

"I am not certain, but it is the only thing that makes sense." Marinette confirmed.

"Then ask him if you aren't certain." Tikki encouraged, "He does desperately want to talk to you."

"But I can't, Tikki." Marinette said, tears in the corners of her bluebell eyes.

"Why?" Tikki asked.

"It hurts too much." Marinette said barely above a whisper, fighting to calm herself down.

"What do you mean?" Tikki asked perplexed.

"It hurts to see him, to hear his voice," Marinette explained wiping her face as the tears spilled over, "It even hurts to think about him. Lila only targeted me because of Adrien. I have suffered because I love him, suffered because I want what Lila wants. Maybe things would have been better if Adrien hadn't done anything, because then I wouldn't have to see him, or hear him, or pretend that it isn't killing me inside when that happens."

"Lila tainted your feelings for Adrien." Tikki stated to show her understanding.

"Even when I win against Lila," Marinette sobbed quietly, "I lose." Marinette rushed over to her bed, flung herself upon it and sobbed into her down pillows. Tikki stayed close to her, watching carefully for an Akuma that didn't come.

AUTHORS NOTE

I am sorry that an update took so long for this story, I had and I am still struggling with writers block on this story in particular. I will update this story when I can, but please stop demanding updates in the comments, that just adds more pressure and makes the writers block worse. However your comments for improves, and or ideas are much appreciated and I do encourage them since they help far better.

Thank you everyone for your help and support this far, and I hope you continue to support this and my other stories.

Also thank you for your patience.

Special shout out for JustAFriendlyCat, who helped me brainstorm a couple of ideas.