Chapter 1: Let The Love Begin

Jennifer's POV

------3 months later; November 25------

My first semester at Texas Tech is going amazing so far! And ohh, remember when my friend Hannah introduced me to the quarterback of the football team? Well yeah, that was Patrick Mahomes. After we met at that gathering, we hit it off right away. Since then, we've been texting each other almost every day and having lunch together almost every single day. And after (almost) 3 full months of talking every day and hanging out, Patrick officially asked me to be his girlfriend, and of course, I said yes. Our official date is November 10. He has been telling me stories about how he has told his parents and brother about me, and he would tell me that they are very excited to meet me someday. In fact, for the first time since I left Maryland, I'll be joining Patrick and his family for Thanksgiving this year in Texas. I'm sad that I will not be able to join my family this year, but they are understanding of my situation. They too, are excited to meet Patrick someday.

------The next day; Thanksgiving Morning------

It is the morning of Thanksgiving, and I have been in my dorm room cleaning all morning and finishing up some last minute things. As I was cleaning up, I got a text from Patrick saying that he would be picking me up around 4:00 pm and head over to his parents' house. It's kind of funny to me because, every single person in my dorm building pretty much knows that I am the girlfriend of the quarterback of the school football team. It feels nice to know that I exist, however, it gets overwhelming at some points. A few hours have gone by, the time now being 11:00 am, and I heard a knock on our dorm room door. I opened the door, and someone from a flower delivery service was there. "I have a delivery for Jennifer Villalobos." He smiled while holding the flowers. "That would be me. Thank you so much. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving." I smiled back as I took the flowers. "Thank you very much, same to you too." He smiled as he walked away.

After I shut the door, my roommate Hannah immediately came over. "Ooooo girl, who did they come from?" She smiled. I looked around for a second until I found the small note stuck in between the flowers. I took it out and began reading what it said. "To my favorite Sunflower, just want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll see you later. Love your Sunflower, Patrick." The smile on my face couldn't have been more bigger than I have ever smiled. "Girl, your boo sent you flowers. That is so adorable." Hannah smiled. "I know right?! I'm actually joining him and his family for Thanksgiving this year." I smiled. "Awww, that's so sweet. I hope you have a fun time." She replied. "Thank you, same with you and your family." I said.

------A few hours later; 3:00 pm------

Patrick is picking me up in 1 hour, so I had to start getting ready. I wasn't exactly sure what I should wear because since it is Thanksgiving, I wanted to look presentable, especially because I'll be joining Patrick and his family this year. I had a few dresses laid out on my bed, and my roommate Hannah helped me choose which dress I should wear. If none of the dresses worked out, I also had some cozy outfits laid out as well, for her to consider. "You know what? I think going with a comfortable outfit will be good. The dresses are cute, but I think you would look even cuter in a cozy outfit." Hannah smiled. "Awwww, thanks girl." I smiled. Hannah took a good look at the outfits again as I was putting the dresses away. As I was finishing putting my dresses away, she finally had made her choice of which outfit I should wear. "I think, you should wear this one." She smiled as she pointed to the outfit of choice. "Honestly, that's one of my favorite outfits to wear when I go out somewhere. Great choice!" I smiled as I put the other outfits away.

I grabbed the outfit and started getting ready. "How are you going to style your hair?" Hannah asked. "Umm, I was just planning on curling it a little, then putting it in a simple ponytail." I replied. "If you want, I can help you do your hair while you do your makeup." Hannah offered. "Awww, are you sure? I don't want to put you through all that." I said. "Ohh gosh, it'll be my pleasure. I don't mind at all." Hannah smiled. "Well, thank you so much. I really appreciate the help." I smiled as I sat down in my chair. (A.N. - I will try to put a picture below of the outfit Jennifer got inspiration from).