Chapter 9: When You Wish Upon A Star - The Proposal

Patrick's POV

------3 days later; February 21, 2024------

Since the day my girlfriend and my daughter came to surprise me, I knew that while she was here, I had to make my move. For those who don't know, I started dating my girlfriend Jennifer during our freshman year of college. After 3 1/2 years, because of a certain mishap, we sadly broke up one month before graduation. I then found out, about 4-5 months later, that she was pregnant with our daughter. Right away, I knew I had to make my move and do something for her to forgive me. I did accept the fact though, that I knew she wasn't going to forgive me right away, so I decided to get in contact with her brother-in-law Mark Andrews, who is a fellow NFL football player, and see what I could do from there. Fast forward to the next year, on January 17, 2024, I got a call from her sister and brother-in-law, that she was in labor and about to give birth to our daughter. And surprisingly, she wanted me to be there. Next thing I knew, I was on a plane from Kansas City, Missouri to Baltimore, Maryland.

After Jennifer gave birth to our daughter, I was able to have a one-on-one moment with her, and we talked about forgetting about what happened in the past, and just start fresh. And in that moment, I didn't want to let it pass, so I asked her to be my girlfriend, again. And to my surprise, she said yes! After a month goes by, we've come to the moment I've been waiting for since I started dating her. I'm finally going to propose to my dream girl. I made sure that she was well taken care of today, so my Mom took her out to get her nails and hair done, go shopping, and other fun girly things, while my brother, Dad, and I went out to get everything set up for the proposal. Something in my mind told me that I had to propose to her while she was here. I decided to set the proposal at the J.C. Nichols Memorial Fountain. This fountain is one of the most beautiful fountains here in Kansas City, and I knew that Jenn would love that place if she were to see it.

------A few hours later; 12:30 pm------

It is about 1 1/2 hours until Jenn is supposed to arrive, so I made sure that every single thing was complete & set up. I had my brother Jackson on standby, just in case something were to happen. And since she decided to surprise me by visiting, I decided to fly her Mom, sister Anne, and brother-in-law Mark out here to Kansas City to witness this beautiful moment. They arrived this morning around 9:30 am, so I made sure they were all taken care of. I paid for their hotel and let them use one of my cars so they wouldn't have to rent one. I told them the exact time they would have to be in the area and where they should standby so Jenn wouldn't see them. The way the proposal is going to work, is that my brother Jackson & Jenn's family will be on standby, I'll be waiting around the area of the fountain for the perfect timing, my Dad will be hiding in a good spot to take good pictures, and my Mom will be with Jenn when they arrive here. Before I knew it, after 1 1/2 hours go by, the time is now 2:00 pm. I just got a text from my Mom saying that they just finished getting Jenn's hair done, and that they're on their way. Here comes the moment I've been waiting for.....

Jennifer's POV

Patrick was so sweet to book me appointments to get my nails and hair done. I swear guys, I have the most amazing, sweet, generous, kind-hearted boyfriend ever. Getting my nails done took about 1 1/2 hours, and getting my hair done took about the same time. I had Peyslee in her wrap the entire time, and she was such a trooper. She was pretty much asleep the entire time, which made it easier for me. After I finished with my hair appointment, Patrick's Mom had me dress up in this beautiful, but casual, long white dress and had it paired with a denim jacket and some sandals. While driving, she had mentioned to me that the reason why she had me dress that way is because Patrick had planned a nice photoshoot for us to do, in which it's because he wants to officially "announce" to the world and his fellow teammates and everyone associated with the Chiefs that his little "family" is complete. His Mom didn't really tell me the name of the place we're going to, all she told me was that Patrick said that I would love this place once I see it.