Run Boy Run

Flashback
It was dinner time when we heard Mom ring the bell for us to eat. All eight of us came running down the stairs and we stood in front of our seats waiting for Dad to come and tell us to sit. I sat in between Five and Diego. Diego was craving in the chair with his knife. Allison and Luther kept on giving each other love eyes. Ben was reading the book that I gave him. Vanya was just eating. Klaus was taking some type of drug. I look at Ben and give him a look as in saying "What is he doing?" and he just looked at me back and me knowing what he said as in "I already tried." I looked at Five and noticed that he wasn't even touching his food. He was just looking at Dad. Oh no. All of a sudden Five dug his knife on the table causing it to make a loud noise. "Number Five?" Dad says after he does that. I knew what Five was going to talk about and I think Dad did too. "I have a question." Five says while taking his hand of the knife. "Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson." Dad says while pointing his knife up not even looking at Five. "I want to time travel." Five says while giving Dad a cold look. "No." Is all Dad said back to him. "But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five said while getting up from his chair then he spatial jumps next to Dad. "See." He says once he gets next to Dad. "A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn." Dad said back knowing that Five wouldn't understand. "Well, I don't get it." Five said falling right into Dad's trap. "Hence the reason you're not ready." Dad said back to Five I looked at Diego who was trying not to pay attention to the whole thing. Then I looked over at Klaus and noticed that he was trying to do the same thing that Diego was doing and not pay attention. "I'm not afraid." Five says back trying to get Dad to say yes to his question but all of us knew he wasn't going to. "Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now I forbid you to talk about this anymore." Dad says to Five while dropping his utensils and looking at Five. Five just ran out of the room out of the mansion. "Number Five! You haven't been excused! Come back here!" Dad yells at Five seeing that he ran out if the house. I was about to get up but Diego had stopped me he just moved his head in a kind of "No." saying. Days went by and Five still hadn't come back. Then days turned into weeks the weeks turned into months in till he never came back.
Present
I was in my room after I woke up after remembering what I had just heard. "What did he mean the world was ending?" I kept on saying to myself. I just decided to go to the kitchen. I was eating in the kitchen when Klaus came in. "Morning." He said as he sat down in the chair in front of me. "Morning. You ok?" I say to him. "Yes. Yes. Why ask?" Klaus answers back to me. "You look on edge." I say back to him. "Nothing is on edge with me I am always like this. Pogo just asks me about this box with pearls on it." Klaus says back. I remember that box the one that Dad kept his book in there the book with so much information about us. "You didn't happen to steal or see a red book with the words 'RN' on it did you?" I asked him. He took a second to answer me but when he did he sounded weird. "What, no." He answered back. "You sure. Because you can tell me you don't need to lie to people anymore." I say to him as I put my hand on his. "I'm not lying." He says back the looks at his hand which had mine on it. "Well I tried." I say back to him while I sit back in my chair and sip on my orange juice.
Time Skip
I was just in my room remembering what just happened with Klaus. I didn't really know what to feel but I heard someone downstairs but I didn't want to go down there because I was still trying to figure out what Five said. Then I just decided to go downstairs to see what was going on. "You know, if I wanted advice, Vanya, no offense, it wouldn't be from you." I heard Allison say to I guessed it Vanya. I didn't want to chose sides or be an asshole so I just stood at the end of the stairs. "What is that supposed to mean?" Vanya says back hurt by Allison's words. "You don't have a child. You've never even been in a relationship." Allison spat back at her which she had no reason to. "That's not true." Vanya said back trying her best to get on our sister's good side but it wasn't working. "So you know what it's like to love someone like this? Like when you're apart from her, you can't breath? Like you would-- you would die, and I mean actually... die... to know that she's okay and happy. I mean you separate yourself from everyone and everything. You always have." Allison said back. Vanya took a second to respond but she did. "Because Dad made me." She says back to her. I just wanted her for once in her life to be happy. "Did Dad make you write that book about us, too?" Allison said back I mean yeah Dad didn't make her but she didn't have to be mean about it. Vanya just stayed quiet so Allison was going to the stairs but stopped at the end of the stairs and said the coldest words I have ever heard come out of her mouth. "You're an adult now, Vanya. You don't get to blame your problems on anyone but yourself. Allison took a moment to walk back into the hallway. "Are you okay Vanya?" I asked her because she looked so hurt. "Uh yeah. You heard everything didn't you?" She asked me. "Yeah but you look hurt do you want to grab food or something?" I say back to her. "No it's okay I should get going bye." She says back to me. "Okay well bye Vanya." I say back knowing that she was hurt like she always was when we did things like that to her.
Time Skip
I was just in the living room where Five's painting was hung. Then Allison came running in and said she needed to talk to me. Me being me I was mad at her for what she said to Vanya. "Why?" I ask her. "This is really important." She said back to me. "Oh! So are you going to apologize?" I say back to her. "Wha- Vanya." She says in a sad tone back to me. "You heard?" Allison asks me. "Yeah I heard but why did you have to put your madness on her out of all people?" I say back mad at the fact that she hasn't even apologized yet. "Look we don't have time it's about Dad's death Luther was right he was murdered." She says back to me. "What?" I ask.
Time Skip 
Me and Allison were trying to look for Luther in the house when I saw Five. He looked like he was in a big fight. "Five are you okay?" I ask him. "Fine." is all he says back to me then just walks off in a hurry. What was that about?