02

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾,

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳-𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆.

There was a loud bang when the door hit the wall as you hastily unlocked it and burst through. The boy was pulled through the threshold of your shambling apartment. Another small echoed in the complex as you kicked the door shut. He felt something that could only be described as whiplash as you rushed past him and down the hall.

Unsure where else to go, he followed you into your bedroom. He watched as you dropped to your knees and dragged out a bag from under the bed. It looked already filled. It made him almost wonder if you had planned the whole operation. But, it was not so. You had stashed the bag away months ago for times like what was upon you. You threw the bag at the boy standing idly in the doorway.

"What the hell is going on?" The boy grunted as he caught the heavy bag. "And who the hell are you?" Electing to ignore his question, you rummaged around your closet before removing one of your hooded sweatshirts. You also tossed that to him.

"Put that on," You instructed.

"Not unless you answer my damn questions!" He shouted in aggravation, his volume too loud for your comfort levels. You hoped no one else in the complex could hear him. You rolled your eyes with a huff.

"My name's (Y/n) (L/n)," You introduced yourself, struggling to remain calm. "I'm trying to help you. Mind tellin' me your name, kid?"

"Katsuki Bakugo," He stated, allowing a moment to pass as he watched you breeze around the apartment. You were gathering things that were hidden in various places and Bakugo was trailing your footsteps.

"What are you doing?" He demanded to know, standing in your shadow.

"We need resources if we're gonna lay low," You explained blandly, zipping the bag harshly.

"Lay low?" His volume increased again. "No! I'm going home!"

"That's the first place they'd look for you, dumbass!" You smacked the side of his head gently, to try and let your words through his skull. You would be lying if you claimed to not feel bad for the boy. It seemed he was just a victim. He was just a child. Alas, allowing him to return to his life would only send him right back into the hands of those villains.

"Look," You sighed, "our best bet is to keep moving for now. They have us outnumbered and overpowered, so until I think of a plan, we've got to lay low."