"Yea, I should've told you about that, I just thought you didn't like him, so I didn't want to annoy you"

"Annoy me? Did you think I was jealous of him?"

Levi smirked lightly. You turned to face him quickly and felt embarrassed. That was not what you meant.

"N-No! I didn't mean it like that-"

"Calm down y/n, I'm just teasing you"

You sighed with relief and smiled. Levi moved his hand and touched your scar. He knew you were disgusted by the mark. He spoke softly.

"Everyone here has scars, nobody can erase them"

"Yea, but everyone has them mostly from titans"

"No, we all have scars of our own, that aren't from titans. We all have our stories"

You remembered him telling you about his life in the underground, but the memory was faint since you were barely conscious. You broke the silence.

"Why did you tell me about your childhood, Levi?"

He turned to face you.

"It helped keep you awake, I don't really like talking about it, but it helped you stay awake, so I went on"

"Thank you for trusting me, I'm sorry you had to risk your lives to find me, and the cut in your arm-"

"y/n, you don't need to apologize. You already did, and it wasn't your fault. It's over now. Focus on the future, and don't regret your decisions."

"Thank you Levi"

He patted your shoulder lightly and walked towards the door. He was about to say something before leaving, but decided not to, and left. You were alone. You sighed loudly and felt stupid because of always ending up in bed because your comrades saved you. You wouldn't let this happen again.

A week passed, and you were completely healed. For the past 3 days, you went to Levi's office to help with paperwork as usual and even supervised cadets. Levi got more amount of sleep now, and surprisingly he barely had nightmares anymore. He was comfortable talking about it with you and you two had gotten closer. Today, Erwin told you that there would be no expedition for a while, as there were some interior issues to deal with, so that means you'd have to train cadets. Erwin wanted to assign you a squad, but you weren't ready for that. 

Today was the first day of helping them train, so you went outside. The cadets were chattering around the stables. They all noticed your presence, and got into their places and saluted. The respect was nice. You spoke with a loud and stern voice.

"Good morning cadets, as you know I will also be training you all from now on, I expect no slacking and need you to try your very best all the time, got it?"

As you looked at them, the cadets saluted and said "Yes ma'am", but there were a few that whispered and giggled, were they underestimating you? You heard some of them.

"Pfft, don't tell me that is one of our commanders"

"She's even shorter than Captain Levi"

"She's kinda cute though"

You glared at them, and they turned to face you but didn't look intimidated at all. Time to teach them a lesson.

"Hmm I see some people here are taking me lightly, we are doing hand to hand combat today, and I want you  3 to fight against me. Everyone else chooses a partner."

Everyone scattered and chose their partners, while 3 of the boys stood there looking confident that they could fight you. They were all slightly taller than you, but oh boy that wouldn't stop you.

You noticed everyone chose their partners and started to speak again.

You called one of the 3 boys over to you.

"Hey, you there, with the red hair, come here"

The red-headed boy walked towards you with a slight smirk.

You turned to all the cadets.

"I will demonstrate how to do this training exercise with this cadet here, what's your name"

"My name is Lewis"

"Okay then lewis, the objective is to take this wooden sword away from me, got it"

"Pfft, okay"

Some people giggled. You did not plan to go easy on him. You held the sword in your hand and motioned him to start. He lifted a punch and aimed for your face. You easily dodged it by grabbing his fists and then flipped him over. He tried to grab the sword with his hands, but you kicked his sides a few times. He tried to get up again, but you lifted him a bit and punched him in the face a few times. He had a bloody nose and a black eye. He tried to grab your ankles, but you grabbed his arms quickly and laid him on the floor, with his arms pinned to his back. His face was digging into the dirt floor as he mumbled to you to stop. You looked at the cadets, but now fear filled their eyes. Perfect.

"As you can see, he couldn't even touch the sword in my hand. If this was a real battle, he would've died a while ago. Please do not be overconfident, and use your brain. You rookies need to be taught a lesson. Now, the two cadets here with this boy will practice with me, while all you others practice with each other. I will be watching. Don't slack off or you'll end up like Lewis here".

Everyone nodded and started practicing. You finally let go of Lewis, and he stayed on the floor. He was whimpering in pain. Hanji came outside and saw. You turned to her and brushed off the dirt from your shirt.

"Hanji, please take Lewis here to the nurse room, he couldn't wait to fight me today"

Hanji smiled in pleasure. She picked up Lewis and walked him to the nurse room.

"Ahh I see you got a taste of Commander y/n, she's small but mighty"

You turned to face the two cadets in front of you. Their faces were full of fear, and they were shaking with nervousness. You wanted to laugh.

"Did you change your mind about me cadets?"

They looked at each other and then at the ground, the blonde one spoke.

"We're sorry Commander, please can we fight each other, your strength is unmatched"

You looked at both of them.

"You're lucky it's me, if it was Captain Levi, you'd be dead as pulp. Go practice with each other, or you'll end up like your friend Lewis back there"

"Yes Ma'am"

They ran back to the other cadets and practiced. You looked around to see if anyone was slacking off, and saw everyone was training hard. Good, you scared them. You were exhausted already, and there were still a few hours of training. You were about to walk around but then a voice called out to you.