"And you know this because?"

"I like to stalk and hack my victims before I kill them. Last month, Silas Geoffrey."

I wanted Sorin Giovanni dead, but I also wanted the others dead. I spent months doing my research on his rivals, who I also hated.

Two birds with one stone.

I get to use Sorin to get rid of others while watching his every move. I get to see how he thinks, what he knows and doesn't know. Because at the end of the day, he'll die begging me for mercy.

After he's gone, I'll be gone and they'll never hear of the Kresent Killer again. I'll take the money and leave. I don't want to live in this country.

There was no good way for any of this to end, but me taking over was the best.

"Who else do you have information about?"

"I have inside information on the Cozen's, the Geoffrey's, the Windsor's. the Lexington's, the Bishop's, the Giovanni's, and the Irwine's. I know everything about the Seven."

The Seven greedy families with the power.

Getting information on the Giovanni's was the hardest of them all. I still didn't have everything. It's why I had to be here like this.

I knew I was going to be here for a while, so using Sorin to take down the other six before taking him down, would be the goal.

"If I asked for information on those?"

"Everything I tell you comes with a price. If my standards for the prize are not met, or it is taken from me in the future, my mouth stays shut until amends have been made. I don't work for free."

"Why are you working with the strongest of the Seven to take down to the other six? Why not just work your way up?" I raised my brow at him.

"Every answer comes with a price."

"Name your price for this question, Selene."

I had no good answer for this, so I just wouldn't tell him.

"Freedom."

"I guess that question cannot be asked then, can it?"

The man was stupid. If I worked with him, I could dumb him down a bit more, or I could make him a bit smarter.

It wasn't my choice.

Seeing his insufficient observation skills, he'd probably become dumber.

When I didn't answer his question, he nodded and walked away.

"I would like to pick out my own dress and mask!" I yelled out.

"Later!" he yelled back, I heard his loud steps up the stairs as he yelled.

This masquerade was important.

Despite their undying aversion for each other, the Seven put on a artificial grin at each other's events, expressing their artificial gratitude for each other and their work.

I'd get a better look and listen at the current state of each family.

I had killed at least one member from each family, except the Giovanni's.

Orion Bishop.

Silas Cozen.

Eleanor Geoffrey.

Finneas Irwine.

Wilhimina Lexington.

Cyrpus Windsor.