CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part4

Start from the beginning

"Hello there, Little one." The young adult greeted the girl who gasped. While up on the cliff Hiei's jaw dropped as his eyes widened in disbelief, not believing what he is seeing or hearing.

"Akio?" The girl breathed out as she rubbed her eye rapidly, just to make sure she was not just hallucinating thing. Seeing this, Akio chuckled.

"In the flesh." He joked making Miyuki roll her eyes at him. "What's troubling you, Miyuki?" At that, the girl sighed heavily.

"It's my fire-bending." Miyuki went straight to the point. "When I was at Tarukane's I was able to create a small forcefield, but now I can even make a spark."

"I see. . ." The young shinobi said with a small nod as he looked into the girl's eyes with worry that reflected on her expression as well. "But your lack of performance is understandable since your fire mostly comes from the Phoenix of Light."

"So it means I can't use any more of that fire at all until I am ready to tame the Phoenix." Miyuki concluded with a serious tone. This made Akio sigh sadly before giving his successor an apologetic look.

"I know this is going to be hard, but even with this training, the time is still not right." Akio explained sadly. "Yes, I can feel the progress you're making, but you are still not ready for the real thing here."

"I know. . ." Miyuki replied tiredly and a bit distraught. "But if I want to survive this tournament and save everyone I know, I need to give it my all."

"I can understand that." Akio said. "Participating in the Dark Tournament is a one way ticket. You either let yourself crushed like a bug or stand up and fight."

"But when will I be ready?" The girl asked, now getting desperate. "How am I gonna know that I can even do it? Tame our Phoenix I mean. . . "

"You will see little one, soon enough." Akio replied calmly. "But for now, train yourself. Learn everything necessary and don't give up." With those words, he vanished into the thin air.

"Akio wait-!"Miyuki cried out, but too late. The Phoenix warrior was gone. "Great." The Urameshi girl groaned before letting out a defeated sigh. She rubbed her eye while suppressing her yawn. However, that was soon replaced with a small gasp when she felt her marked wrist warm-up a little.

The girl fell silent. She didn't moved from her seat as her ears caught the approaching footsteps behind her.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Hiei asked as he walked over to the girl's side. He received no answer. The Fire Demon shook his head with a small scoff then he took a seat next to Miyuki who hugged her knees and rest her chin on them.

"What brought you here?" Hiei tried again as his eyes stared at the night sky.

"Thinking. . ." Miyuki replied as she held back another yawn.

"Hn." The Fire Demon huffed out as he crossed his arms. Miyuki sighed but said nothing as she continued on to gaze upon the stars. An awkward silence followed the two, making the two of them uncomfortable, but they didn't dare to show it. That is until. . .

"So. . . ." Miyuki's words broke the silence and snapped Hiei out of the awkwardness. The demon turned to the girl and looked at her concerned filled eyes that are staring at the seawater still. "What do you think about this?" The black haired girl asked.