"Ew, I have to work with you?"

...

"Ugh, I hate history." Yunhee groaned as Renjun began pulling books out, preparing for the tutoring session.

"Most people do, but it's still important because history repeats itself." Renjun said, easily dismissing her comment.

Yunhee pouted as it seemed like Renjun wasn't going to let her go that easily. She was pretty exhausted from working on her Computing assignment and was looking for a way out of it. She thought about how she could distract Renjun from the books in front of him.

"Hey Renjun, we're going out for Operations tomorrow." Yunhee said, hoping that would interest the male.

"Alright, and?" Renjun said, adjusting his glasses.

"I'm partnered with Chenle, do you have any advice?" Yunhee said, only making Renjun scoff.

"I got nothing." Renjun said, patting the pages on front of them. "In case you've forgotten, I don't go out to the field very often as a lab specialist. You're better off talking to Chaewon, Jaemin, Jeno, or Mark instead of trying to avoid your studies."

Yunhee glared at Renjun as he began their tutoring session.

"Curse you and your stupid high level IQ." Yunhee muttered, crossing her arms as she listened to what Renjun had to say.

...

Yunhee was surprised to see Chaewon in their room when she returned. She was expecting the older girl to be in a lab or something.

"I heard you have an Operations excursion tomorrow." Chaewon said as Yunhee entered, placing her bag down beside her desk.

"Yeah, I do." Yunhee replied, plopping onto her bed. "I'm partnered with Chenle."

"Interesting." Chaewon said, rolling over on her bed to face Yunhee. "He's an interesting person to work with."

Yunhee raised an eyebrow, thinking back to how Renjun had mentioned that Chaewon would be a good person to talk to about Operations.

"Why do you say that?" Yunhee asked, curious as to what her roommate had to say.

"Chenle's smart, very smart. But he also lacks a lot in terms of skills on the field, as you've probably noticed." Chaewon told her. "I don't know if you've seen his criminal record but it's very impressive."

"Criminal record?" Yunhee exclaimed, making Chaewon laugh. The girl nodded.

"Yeah, Chenle messed around a lot, which probably isn't that surprising. He's lucky that he's from a wealthy family though." Chaewon said.

Yunhee's face immediately fell. "Must be nice."

Chaewon must have noticed as her face changed as well. "You didn't come from a family like that, did you?"

"Far from that." Yunhee told her. "I didn't even have a family."

Chaewon didn't seem to quite understand what Yunhee meant by that so she took a deep breath before proceeding to explain.

"I'm an orphan." Yunhee told her, earning a shocked look in responsed. "I jumped from orphanage to orphanage and no couple that walked in ever wanted a child like me, especially since I was such a troublemaker."

Chaewon was quiet for a moment before speaking again. "Yunhee, I'm so sorry to hear that."

Yunhee waved her hand, already long over it. "It's fine, I don't really care. It's just something I've learned to accept."

"Doesn't change the fact that it sucks." Chaewon said.

Yunhee sighed as she rolled onto her back, staring at the ceiling. "I guess. I just hate it when people don't appreciate having what others don't."

"I can understand that." Chaewon said and Yunhee turned her head as she noticed Chaeon get out of her bed. Where is she going at this hour?

"But there's also a lot on the other side that you might not see."

Tch, yeah right, Yunhee thought as Chaewon grabbed her bag.

"Anyways, I'm going to head out for a bit, I'll probably be back after you sleep so goodnight." Chaewon said with a small smile.

"Goodnight."

———————————————————————————

CHENLE SO HAPPY :)