~Flashback~

"Hey, there kiddo! Don't be so sad! we will be back in no time I promise!" My dad says ruffling my hair. "Daddy has to go and slay some monsters!" My mom says with an upbeat tone, but in her eyes was sadness.

'Daddy works in the Survey Corps with the Levi Squad. I heard it was the best one, so in my eyes, I had nothing to worry about!'

"Daddy! Can I go with you someday?!" My dad turned to me with a shocked look on his face picking me up.

"No!" My mom yells stunning my dad and me. Her fists closed tightly into a ball trying not to cry. "It is too dangerous! I will never allow it!"

"But daddy will be by my side! He will protect me because daddy is strong! Right daddy?" He looks at me with a smile putting me down.

"I think this is a discussion for when I come back home! Now, I have to go, I don't want to get in trouble with... Levi... He is a scary man." I laugh at his comment and walk out the door with him.

I stood on a few hay bales as he got on his horse looking back at me smiling a very big grin. He mouthed something.

Remember me and stay alive.

I stood in the crowd of people watching the heavy gates open, waving goodbye.

The last goodbye I would ever give to him.

~Back to present~

I grab his arm, tightening my grip. 

"No Eren, I would never laugh...I-It's just... I know what happened to people in the Survey Corps" I say with a hot stinging tear coming out of my eye.

"(y-y/n) I forgot about your fath-" I release my grip and look into his pure aqua eyes shutting my tears away with a bright smile.

 "It's okay after all it was such a long time ago... I just want you to think about it harder, but at the end of the day it is your decision." Mikasa looks at me with her eyes widened with a little bit of anger pouring out of them.

*CLANG CLANG CLANG*

Our three heads turn to the big tall bell and I turn to Eren's widened eyes as he grips our hands dragging us along with him dropping a few logs.

"It's the Survey Corps! They are back! Our heroes!!!"  Eren shouts as we all climb onto boxes to get a view of the returning "heroes".

As they entered it went silent.

The gate rose to reveal devastation and horror. Faces of scouts who had barely made it alive with blood and wounds. Scouts carrying one another for support, severed limbs, and the covered bodies of those who have fallen, horses without anyone. 

And that's when people started rambling.

*MUMMBLE MUMMBLE MUMMBLE*

"A-are these the only ones who made it back?!" Eren whispered. 

I stood in shock. "B-but over 100 of them set out! and yet there are only about 20 in headcount."  

"Braun!!! Braun!!!" An old lady shouted from within the crowd.

" Excuse me!!! M-my son! I don't see my son!! Braun! Where is he?!" She hugged onto the commander's cape and tugged, it had sent chills down my spine.

~Flashback~

*CLANG CLANG CLANG* 

I came bursting out of the door into a crowd of people trying to squeeze my way through losing my mother.

My little eyes filled with excitement waiting for my father to come in, to what I viewed as a hero, riding his horse.

When they entered it was a sight no one could ever erase. To the ones who had been traumatized to those who had little to nobody left at all.

"Daddy!? Daddy!? Daddy!?" I shouted as some of the scouts looked at me with sadness.

A man hopped from his horse with his head hanging low not daring to look into my eyes. He placed a Wings of Freedom patch into my tiny hands.

"I'm sorry young one..." I looked at the man refusing to believe him.

"B-but daddy... He promised to be back... He even promised that one day we would fight together..." My nose ran hot and my eyes filled with tears.

The scout lifted his head. He had dull gray eyes with a very cold expression.

"He meant well to everyone and the last thing he said to me when heading out was, "Levi if I fail to make it home please tell my daughter that I'm still hanging over her shoulder"."

I dropped to my knees to find myself lost for the first time.

~Back to present~ 

My mind went blank to see the sight of a mother who has lost her one true treasure in this corrupt world. I had shut out everything, every sound, sight, and feeling.

"Now you know..." I say with no emotion.

Eren looked at me with his mouth opened slightly. He rubbed my back hoping to comfort me but all it did was make it worse. 

"I just don't want to lose anyone else, I don't want to feel pain anymore Eren... So please just think about your decision harder."

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

(A/n): Yeesh! That was kind of fun! Sorry if it was fast pacing, I'm trying to work on that! BUT thank you all SO SO SO much for reading!!